Cape Tribulation Beach House epitomizes all-things aligned to retreat-escape. From the moment the small tour bus took the white-dusty road upwards passing a general store and a number of other accommodation venues, I knew we were headed to somewhere that was going to offer enough isolation to enable a recharge and a much sought after commune with self and nature.
First things first – once you leave the ‘mainland’ and head across the Daintree River on the ferry, you HAVE left the ‘mainland’ - into the land of solitude and magical beauty (sorry for the cliché), where the mobile phone ringtone would be nothing more than a rude intrusion. (Trust me, after the initial panic of an OMG-no-mobile-what-the-heck moment which lasted for about 30 seconds, it turned into an OMG-no-mobile-halleluiah moment which lasted long after the last ring tone. You got it readers, there is no reception BUT Cape Trib Beach House provides free wifi at the reception area.
THE ACCOMMODATION: Cape Trib Beach House offers a range of options to suit those seeking budget hostel accommodation - Dorms and budget doubles/triples to delightful well-appointed cabins - Ribbon and St. Crispin for the more delicate flowers (AKA Deborah) complete with prime location – that is 20 metres from the beach and easy distance to the restaurant and bar.
THE RESTAURANT AND BAR: is perfectly suited to the climate of North Queensland as an open air affair with enough roof covering to keep out the rain whilst allowing the rainforest in. You will find a ‘sitting area’ not unlike your lounge at home complete with a mammoth TV, ablution amenities and expansive dining areas where you can take a posi overlooking the rainforest or the beach. The staff are super friendly, the meals well-priced and again a range to suit a variety of budgets and tastes … from Bolognaise to Barramundi (colloquially Spag Bol and Barra.) You can dine in for breakfast, lunch and dinner or cook your own in the guest kitchen a little yonder up the path. My only suggestion would be gluten free breads and other milk options to dairy. I did get around that issue and the staff were more than happy to accommodate. My first real meal upon arriving was a burger minus the bread with loads of salad. It hit the spot!
SAFELY IN THE RAINFOREST: I confess, I had images of non-lit, spider-web infested bush tracks leading to the cabins (I know, my imagination is rampant – but I am a writer :-) ) AND to my relief there are easy access solar lighted paved paths from reception to the cabins and restaurant right down to the beautiful Cape TRIB Beach.
ACTIVITIES: The helpful staff can point you in the right direction when it comes to activities – from kayaking, horse-riding, rainforest night tours, Great Barrier Reef snorkeling and diving tours and much more. In my 24 hours I crammed in a 3k walk along the beach to the Cape Trib lookout and an Ocean Safari boat tour of the Reef – which still left me plenty of time to sit on the pristine beach with nothing to do apart from breathe in the essence of the rich terrain.
There are no … NO … disappointments regarding my stay at Cape Trib Beach House – well maybe just one – and that is that I stayed only one night. In saying that, my 24 hours at Cape Trib Beach House was delightful and I highly recommend it to anyone seeking retreat, a break away from ‘mainland’ life, on a honeymoon, or as an international traveler seeking to explore a couple of our national treasures – the Daintree and the Great Barrier Reef. Look no further – Cape Trib Beach House is the perfect place to stay.
My sincerest compliments to Matt and his staff for a delightful and return-worthy visit. A personal thank you to Matt for coming to my aid during a moment of distress – my stay was made in even more special knowing all patrons were looked after and my accommodation was a haven to restore and rejuvenate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cape Tribulation Beach House Resort is a unique and stunning getaway nestled within the 110 million-year-old Daintree Rainforest and situated on seven acres of absolute beach front. Our distinctive resort offers a huge variety of accommodation options, all designed to highlight the character and history of Cape Tribulation.Situated only 140 kilometres north of Cairns, this private and natural rainforest resort provides everything you need to relax. We offer guests a truly wild, unique and private tropical holiday experience. We invite you to take a break from the every day and experience the acres of grounds teeming with rainforest wildlife and miles of deserted beach. You can do as much or as little as you like on your special getaway. Our beach front location is the perfect place to relax and unwind in stylish comfort. Nowhere on earth do two World Heritage sites come together with such breathtaking beauty. Laze around under leafy palms by our salt water swimming pool surrounded by a generous wooden deck for sunbathing. While you are soaking up the atmosphere you can sample the delicious modern cuisine and refreshments offered by our open air Sand Bar and Bistro. Cape Tribulation Beach House is famous for its excellent food. Many locals frequent our Bistro to dine at one of the best restaurants in the Cape Tribulation / Daintree area. Alternatively, you can choose to “do it yourself” in our modern communal kitchen. For the romantic hearts, make sure you spend at least one evening strolling along our private moonlit beach, and revel in the breathtaking ambiance of the oldest rainforest in the world. As the star-spangled night sky enfolds you, indulge in a cool tropical cocktail from our beach front bar, an ice-cold beer or choose a classic Australian wine selected to suit the most discerning palate. We invite you to take a break and experience the best of Cape Tribulation accommodation. We look forward to meeting you here, where you will arrive as guests, and leave as friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Booking.com, Agoda, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Cape Trib Beach House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Trib Beach House Hotel Cape Tribulation
- Cape Trib Beach House Cape Tribulation, Daintree Region