“No Disappointments - A Welcoming Paradise”

Cape Trib Beach House
Reviewed 18 October 2014

Cape Tribulation Beach House epitomizes all-things aligned to retreat-escape. From the moment the small tour bus took the white-dusty road upwards passing a general store and a number of other accommodation venues, I knew we were headed to somewhere that was going to offer enough isolation to enable a recharge and a much sought after commune with self and nature.

First things first – once you leave the ‘mainland’ and head across the Daintree River on the ferry, you HAVE left the ‘mainland’ - into the land of solitude and magical beauty (sorry for the cliché), where the mobile phone ringtone would be nothing more than a rude intrusion. (Trust me, after the initial panic of an OMG-no-mobile-what-the-heck moment which lasted for about 30 seconds, it turned into an OMG-no-mobile-halleluiah moment which lasted long after the last ring tone. You got it readers, there is no reception BUT Cape Trib Beach House provides free wifi at the reception area.

THE ACCOMMODATION: Cape Trib Beach House offers a range of options to suit those seeking budget hostel accommodation - Dorms and budget doubles/triples to delightful well-appointed cabins - Ribbon and St. Crispin for the more delicate flowers (AKA Deborah) complete with prime location – that is 20 metres from the beach and easy distance to the restaurant and bar.

THE RESTAURANT AND BAR: is perfectly suited to the climate of North Queensland as an open air affair with enough roof covering to keep out the rain whilst allowing the rainforest in. You will find a ‘sitting area’ not unlike your lounge at home complete with a mammoth TV, ablution amenities and expansive dining areas where you can take a posi overlooking the rainforest or the beach. The staff are super friendly, the meals well-priced and again a range to suit a variety of budgets and tastes … from Bolognaise to Barramundi (colloquially Spag Bol and Barra.) You can dine in for breakfast, lunch and dinner or cook your own in the guest kitchen a little yonder up the path. My only suggestion would be gluten free breads and other milk options to dairy. I did get around that issue and the staff were more than happy to accommodate. My first real meal upon arriving was a burger minus the bread with loads of salad. It hit the spot!

SAFELY IN THE RAINFOREST: I confess, I had images of non-lit, spider-web infested bush tracks leading to the cabins (I know, my imagination is rampant – but I am a writer :-) ) AND to my relief there are easy access solar lighted paved paths from reception to the cabins and restaurant right down to the beautiful Cape TRIB Beach.

ACTIVITIES: The helpful staff can point you in the right direction when it comes to activities – from kayaking, horse-riding, rainforest night tours, Great Barrier Reef snorkeling and diving tours and much more. In my 24 hours I crammed in a 3k walk along the beach to the Cape Trib lookout and an Ocean Safari boat tour of the Reef – which still left me plenty of time to sit on the pristine beach with nothing to do apart from breathe in the essence of the rich terrain.

There are no … NO … disappointments regarding my stay at Cape Trib Beach House – well maybe just one – and that is that I stayed only one night. In saying that, my 24 hours at Cape Trib Beach House was delightful and I highly recommend it to anyone seeking retreat, a break away from ‘mainland’ life, on a honeymoon, or as an international traveler seeking to explore a couple of our national treasures – the Daintree and the Great Barrier Reef. Look no further – Cape Trib Beach House is the perfect place to stay.

My sincerest compliments to Matt and his staff for a delightful and return-worthy visit. A personal thank you to Matt for coming to my aid during a moment of distress – my stay was made in even more special knowing all patrons were looked after and my accommodation was a haven to restore and rejuvenate.

Room Tip: Rooms accommodate all budgets and personal needs.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank deborah b

Reviewed 16 October 2014

My wife and I use TripAdvisor a lot never to write as we prefer reading as being in hospitality in Sydney we understand how hard it is to handle customers especially us !

We had to write about this place. Never have we seen staff so friendly so happy and so keen to help. The management deserve recognition for whatever they are doing works.

The rooms are not luxury but we expected based on the website what we got. They were clean and in our cabin we could hear the beach.

Lots of children backpackers and couples but it just works. We liked the television in the restaurant and the food was well priced and servings huge.

A real special place thank you beach house for making a great three days we shall return.

Matt my son has the picture of him holding your spaceship on his wall. Thank you

• Stayed: October 2014
1  Thank Gilliansyd
Reviewed 15 October 2014

My fiancee and I made the trip to this piece of paradise at the start of spring14. The first night we we got news of the death of a close friend. The kind and compassionate staff refunded the rest of our stay as we had to head home straight away and end our dream holiday. They didnt have any obligation to refund us at all. We will be staying there again in the near future. And I should mention the place was amazing. Rooms not too fancy but perfect for the surroundings. I recommend Cape Tribulation beach house if you are up that way.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2014

Cape Tribulation Beach House was the most divine getaway destination! We were in desperate need of an unwind and the spectacular scenery coupled with amazing hospitality, fabulous staff, and just the right amount adventure provided the most perfect holiday. We loved it so much we stayed for 3 weeks!! If you travel to Cape Tribulation you must stay at the Beach House and stay for a while to appreciate all the beauty this place has to offer. We swam, we hiked, we snorkelled, we lay on the beach, we ate and drank, and made friends. The staff at Cape Tribulation Beach House were amazing, Matt, Paula, Savannah, Jeremy, Jess and all the others worked hard to make sure we had everything we needed and more.

Room Tip: The St Crispin beachfront cottages were amazing for privacy, there is such a great variety of option...
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2014

I loved the Cape Tribulation Beach House. We had spent 4 days in Cairns before driving up to Cape Tribulation, & it was all I could want plus some. A cabin in the middle of the rainforest, a 10 step walk to the private beach... it was picturesque, relaxing & such a great place!
I would definitely go there again.
The staff were great, personality plus but relaxed. Matt the manager was very personable & was happy to sit & chat over a drink. The meals were delicious, compliments to the chefs & the dining area was magical. I truly loved the whole experience!!!

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
Matthewbeachhouse, Manager at Cape Trib Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2014

Cheers Taree, we hope to welcome you here again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Tribulation
1.9 km away
Cape Trib Farmstay B&B
Cape Trib Farmstay B&B
#1 of 5 in Cape Tribulation

Been to Cape Trib Beach House? Share your experiences!