Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
georgieboy170
Kuranda, Australia

Great pub, just check the times.

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 14 July 2021via mobile
This is a beautiful old hotel. We went for dinner after checking their website which said dinner from 5pm. They accepted our booking for 5pm however on arrival we were told that dinner is not til 6pm. A bit disappointing that their website can't be correct. However, with that being said the service was good and the meals were great.
Date of stay: July 2021
    Restaurant
    3.4 km from Barron Valley Hotel
    1.7 km from Barron Valley Hotel
    View more hotels in Atherton
    All reviews steak lunch specials by the glass old style well worth the visit pub crumbs tablelands queensland
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 17 January 2021

This place is absolutely garbage, when I first arrived we weren’t even spoken too just handed our keys. The rooms haven’t been updated since 1938 when last renovated and there was a hole in my floor. Brown water coming out of the sinks no privacy in bathrooms and the owner is miserable asf and spends his time drinking at his own bar. Legit a prison.

Date of stay: January 2021
    Trip type: Travelled on business
    Reviewed 17 February 2020

Great place to do farmwork and nice little town to do it in! Had a blast at this hostel from beginning to end. Mick is up front and never did me wrong. I’d definitely stay here again. Also, bones is a legend.

Date of stay: November 2019
    Trip type: Travelled solo
    Reviewed 5 February 2020

Best experience and best place to do farm work on the 417 visa. They find you work and transport to and from work is included in rent. Great steak and chicken parmi too. Drank pretty much every weekend in the bar with everyone from the hostel. Good deals too in bar on drink.

Date of stay: August 2019
    Trip type: Travelled with friends
    Reviewed 27 December 2019

I was staying in Atherton for a month and I went there to have lunch almost everyday. The staff were very nice, especially Amanda and Nina. I loved the care and attention they gave me. The meals were very nice and I ate almost everything on the menu. The pub is nice and the drinks were great. I'm returning shortly for another month and will definitely eat there again. I can't wait.

Date of stay: December 2019
    Reviewed 13 December 2019

Unclear guidelines when checking in has ultimately resulted in myself and partner losing 180 dollars each for a weeks stay in a shared dorm.

Other Australian hostels give refunds when circumstances change. Work and situation promised was not the case, and we left after honouring hours given.

Accommodation and facilities are very poor, racist comments made by staff when taking you to and from the farm, nice as pie until you pay them and then very difficult to deal with.

If you're looking to do your 88 days, I would advise finding work elsewhere.

Allegedly a working hostel is being built in Atherton Valley by a rival company, independent lodges with own kitchens etc. I'm sure they'll harvest a lot of Barron Valley's business.

Date of stay: December 2019
    Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    2  Thank 244tobyj