Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.

The best place in Oz to do farm work

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 4 Feb 2020
Best experience and best place to do farm work on the 417 visa. They find you work and transport to and from work is included in rent. Great steak and chicken parmi too. Drank pretty much every weekend in the bar with everyone from the hostel. Good deals too in bar on drink.
Date of stay: August 2019
    15.4 km from Barron Valley Hotel
    Spa
    1.7 km from Barron Valley Hotel
    View more hotels in Atherton
    All reviews steak lunch specials by the glass old style well worth the visit pub crumbs tablelands queensland
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 27 December 2019

I was staying in Atherton for a month and I went there to have lunch almost everyday. The staff were very nice, especially Amanda and Nina. I loved the care and attention they gave me. The meals were very nice and I ate almost everything on the menu. The pub is nice and the drinks were great. I'm returning shortly for another month and will definitely eat there again. I can't wait.

Date of stay: December 2019
    Reviewed 13 December 2019

Unclear guidelines when checking in has ultimately resulted in myself and partner losing 180 dollars each for a weeks stay in a shared dorm.

Other Australian hostels give refunds when circumstances change. Work and situation promised was not the case, and we left after honouring hours given.

Accommodation and facilities are very poor, racist comments made by staff when taking you to and from the farm, nice as pie until you pay them and then very difficult to deal with.

If you're looking to do your 88 days, I would advise finding work elsewhere.

Allegedly a working hostel is being built in Atherton Valley by a rival company, independent lodges with own kitchens etc. I'm sure they'll harvest a lot of Barron Valley's business.

Date of stay: December 2019
    Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    2  Thank 244tobyj
    Reviewed 13 December 2019

and my partner came here as part of our 88 days work visa, we were guaranteed two weeks work before leaving for Atherton, a room for couple, facilities as WiFi etc.. totally misled! Be wary!. On arriving we paid 200 security deposit, 20 key deposit and 180 for a week's rent. We paid this, and never given a key. Money was the first thing even spoken about before anything else. Once paid we were put into a huge dorm, despite told separate room. Tony laughed at me being in a room with all men and we would move the next day to separate room- never happened.Went to work, 8.5 hr day, ,20 Min lunch break (illegal) no where to even sit down, farmer even swore at my partner when he asked to stop combine harvester for moment to help staff .. Next day, contract left on bed- littered with fine information, contract looking to milk you for any money... if you leave in first month they swallow your bond, they also wanted a credit card imprint which is not something I was prepared to give considering other bad reviews I read over money. Decided we wanted to leave without signing contract - I'd never have signed it if was given upon arrival. Had to continuously contact to be able to even arrange to speak to anyone in hotel. We wanted to leave, asked to fulfil the weeks work, abided because we didn't want to put them out at late notice - wish hadnt bothered. Hotel itself is disgusting... No locks on showers, $33 a week WiFi, no security lock box, X3 showers for ladies and two loos - over 100+ people, cockroaches, bed bugs, two hobs for a huge amount of people that they turn off later in eve, back entrance they want you to use with no door on - open to anyone walking in, happy to take everything off you but prefer you not seen through front. Everyone seems to just get drunk in spare time probably to combat how bleak their day to days are. Don't want you drinking in other bars because they want your money instead, bus driver really rude about previous tenants. Tried to sort out leaving as amicably as possible, not paid back our week's rent even tho stayed for two nights. Told we should've paid pro rata if not gonna stay- won't refund us... Not something that was even mentioned to us at arrival as an option. In conversation with them about the money told they would hang up on us! Very mature! if you choose this hostel, you'll lose money when you decide you don't wanna stay, and I think you'd have to be desperate to. I read an article #88daysaslave in the papers, this is one of those types of hostels. First night I found a girl crying in the bathroom, says it all. Choose somewhere else unless you want to be depressed, treated awfully, here for a long time with limited work and false promise and milked for everything you make.

Date of stay: November 2019
    Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    2  Thank Wzsivyer
    Reviewed 5 October 2019 via mobile

We wandered down here after a visit to the Crystal Caves and loved the space and atmosphere. The service was friendly and our meals arrived quickly. The reef and beef and lasagne were outstanding. The kids meals were also good but seemed overpriced at $12 without the usual ‘drink and ice cream’ deal. Would definitely recommend.

Date of stay: October 2019
    Trip type: Travelled with family
    Reviewed 14 August 2019

This pub looked a bit dodgy to me and we nearly didn't go in. I'm glad my husband persisted because we both had an amazing meal. The waitress was lovely to deal with especially in the light of my dietary issues. Would definitely go back there again.

Date of stay: August 2019