“Great day out ”

Fairy Park
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Anakie
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Open since 1959, it's your time to discover Fairy Park's magic. Follow the sweeping pathways and discover the fairytales. Press the buttons and be dazzled as the characters come to life. Listen to the story and sing along with the music. Set amongst beautiful gardens, castles, caves and cottages. Explore Camelot Playground's secret passages and dark tunnels in this unique medieval playground. Climb daring towers, creep through the darkest tunnels, rescue damsels in distress, but watch out for Merlin and his magic! Fairy Park is a great venue for any sized gathering. Perfect for parties, family get-together's or large corporate events. Have the kids dress-up in theme, bring some decorations and away you go! We will help to ensure your day runs smoothly and is a great success.
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

We came for the second time, the last being a few years ago. I actually like the fact it’s an older style park as it’s different to others and a bit more retro. The kids enjoyed it and the playground. But I have to say the big silver slide is the slowest slide I’ve ever seen in my life . It’s quite interactive and again old style but again that adds to the appeal.

1  Thank N H
Merwizz, Helper at Fairy Park, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Thank you N H for your review.
A great day out is what we strive for and so glad you came back and enjoyed it all over again!
Preserving the heritage of Fairy Tales, Myths and Legends is part of our uniqueness.
See you again next time!

All reviews
in 27 reviews
"castle"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

We visited this place with no kids and had a blast of a time, exploring the park . We paid $36 for two adults . The guy at the counter was extremely friendly and pleasant and so was his wife, who was operating the kiosk.
The park is just divine and I enjoyed revisiting the fairy tales . The animations are just amazing .
Highly highly recommended !

Merwizz, Manager at Fairy Park, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2018

Thanks Tara2211 for the fantastic review.
Proof that you don’t need kids to enjoy the Park!
People who are young at heart will always fit right in and have a good day out.
The staff love to see people such as yourselves having fun. BTW, they aren’t husband and wife, just committed to the same cause:)

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Went for a close family member's 3rd birthday party yesterday, which was our first major outing with our six-week old baby. I spent half the morning organising everything we'd need as we had a half hour car ride each way.

Our baby surprised us by sleeping most of the day. When she woke up for a feed, the bottles I had prepared and taken had gone cold, so we went in search of hot water to warm up a bottle for her.

First my husband was told rather rudely by some nasty woman working in the Kiosk that it would be $1 for the hot water. He wasn't happy but I didn't care about the $1 charge.

Apparently at one point it was also suggested by this woman that we warm a bottle in the microwave - so she clearly either doesn't have kids or had kids 500 years ago because you DO NOT warm bottles in the microwave. It's a safety hazard! Do I want my precious new baby getting burnt by hot spots in microwaved milk? Uh, NO!!!

So then my sister in law took $1 to the Kiosk and came back within a minute looking for a cup. Then her husband went back with a couple of cold drink cups from our party table stacked inside each other and was told in an incredibly rude manner by the woman in the Kiosk that I should be better organised! He walked away as he's a gentleman, but as a father himself he didn't want to!

How incredibly rude, insensitive and uncaring can a WOMAN be towards a new mum?

For the record, I cannot breastfeed for medical reasons, so I'm very sorry that this woman feels that I'm disorganised because I have to warm up a bottle for a helpless six week old baby. Perhaps she should be more organised and consider changing careers if arranging a little hot water for a baby's bottle is too much trouble for her!

It was just as well that by the time my husband told me this "I should be better organised" garbage, we had left the park - or I'd have had that woman in tears.

We will NEVER take our daughter back when she's older and most certainly won't be recommending this place to anyone. We didn't pay the $36 admission fee to cop a serve about my organisational skills from someone who clearly shouldn't be working at a children's theme park if she hates new mums that much. Because apparently having to bottle feed my child pumped breast milk makes me a terrible mother.

Don't take your baby here unless it's breastfed.

8  Thank leaguegirl
Merwizz, Manager at Fairy Park, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Thanks for taking the time to write your review leaguegirl.

It’s unfortunate your husband made you feel upset to the point of crafting your review based solely on this experience.

We have friendly staff who always do their best to help. The staff followed standard practice which has worked well for young mothers.

The microwave station is provided for the warming of baby bottles, baby food or heating water to put a bottle into. Service for boiled water can be arranged for as well. Sometimes people bring their own tea bags and just want some cups and hot water which we help with and charge accordingly.

The microwave was initially offered to your husband for him to either warm up the babies bottle or heat water for the babies bottle to be inserted into. He went off to get a container and upon arriving back was agitated and insisted that was not an option. Instead, staff put the kettle on for him at no cost.

At no time did the staff tell anyone to be more organised. One staff, who has a toddler, mentioned that she always carried around a flask with hot water in her car just in case. We are sorry if offence was taken as none was intended.

We are always looking to improve and shall review the procedures and try to work out where we can do better next time.

We hoped you enjoyed everything else the Park has to offer.

Reviewed 28 January 2018

We visited in early January with 2,5 and 7 year olds. It had been close on 40 years since I had been so was keen to take my children. We weren't disappointed. The focus is on families and always has been. Great to see a theme park that encourages people to bring picnic/BBQ rather than gouge you at the food stands. For those wanting a flashy American style Disney theme park you should perhaps stay away rather than being disappointed and ranting on TA. Even though my family all comes from Geelong (and my father from Anakie recalls climbing on the rocks before Fairy Park started) I hadn't heard the full story of how the park developed. Incredible to understand that German immigrants longing for memories of their homeland created this and that it is still in the family. Our kids loved pressing the buttons for the displays and working our way up the hill. landscaping is excellent. It's a shame the café at the top closed years ago and I agree with some reviewers that the summit is not quite ideal but we absolutely loved our day The playground is something that you will not see elsewhere in this risk adverse safety conscious world we live in but my kids loved it. Sure one of them got trapped in a tiny tunnel and another scraped her knee on cement rather than soft fall but they lived. Great to see this still in the family and still adding/growing. Keep up the good work and we will most definitely be back! Kids were also having so much fun that over the day we lost each one of them. Well done to staff and management for a great attraction.

1  Thank ozcookie1