“Female Kiosk Staff member is rude and uncaring”
Review of Fairy Park

Fairy Park
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Anakie
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Open since 1959, it's your time to discover Fairy Park's magic. Follow the sweeping pathways and discover the fairytales. Press the buttons and be dazzled as the characters come to life. Listen to the story and sing along with the music. Set amongst beautiful gardens, castles, caves and cottages. Explore Camelot Playground's secret passages and dark tunnels in this unique medieval playground. Climb daring towers, creep through the darkest tunnels, rescue damsels in distress, but watch out for Merlin and his magic! Fairy Park is a great venue for any sized gathering. Perfect for parties, family get-together's or large corporate events. Have the kids dress-up in theme, bring some decorations and away you go! We will help to ensure your day runs smoothly and is a great success.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Went for a close family member's 3rd birthday party yesterday, which was our first major outing with our six-week old baby. I spent half the morning organising everything we'd need as we had a half hour car ride each way.

Our baby surprised us by sleeping most of the day. When she woke up for a feed, the bottles I had prepared and taken had gone cold, so we went in search of hot water to warm up a bottle for her.

First my husband was told rather rudely by some nasty woman working in the Kiosk that it would be $1 for the hot water. He wasn't happy but I didn't care about the $1 charge.

Apparently at one point it was also suggested by this woman that we warm a bottle in the microwave - so she clearly either doesn't have kids or had kids 500 years ago because you DO NOT warm bottles in the microwave. It's a safety hazard! Do I want my precious new baby getting burnt by hot spots in microwaved milk? Uh, NO!!!

So then my sister in law took $1 to the Kiosk and came back within a minute looking for a cup. Then her husband went back with a couple of cold drink cups from our party table stacked inside each other and was told in an incredibly rude manner by the woman in the Kiosk that I should be better organised! He walked away as he's a gentleman, but as a father himself he didn't want to!

How incredibly rude, insensitive and uncaring can a WOMAN be towards a new mum?

For the record, I cannot breastfeed for medical reasons, so I'm very sorry that this woman feels that I'm disorganised because I have to warm up a bottle for a helpless six week old baby. Perhaps she should be more organised and consider changing careers if arranging a little hot water for a baby's bottle is too much trouble for her!

It was just as well that by the time my husband told me this "I should be better organised" garbage, we had left the park - or I'd have had that woman in tears.

We will NEVER take our daughter back when she's older and most certainly won't be recommending this place to anyone. We didn't pay the $36 admission fee to cop a serve about my organisational skills from someone who clearly shouldn't be working at a children's theme park if she hates new mums that much. Because apparently having to bottle feed my child pumped breast milk makes me a terrible mother.

Don't take your baby here unless it's breastfed.

Merwizz, Manager at Fairy Park, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thanks for taking the time to write your review leaguegirl.

It’s unfortunate your husband made you feel upset to the point of crafting your review based solely on this experience.

We have friendly staff who always do their best to help. The staff followed standard practice which has worked well for young mothers.

The microwave station is provided for the warming of baby bottles, baby food or heating water to put a bottle into. Service for boiled water can be arranged for as well. Sometimes people bring their own tea bags and just want some cups and hot water which we help with and charge accordingly.

The microwave was initially offered to your husband for him to either warm up the babies bottle or heat water for the babies bottle to be inserted into. He went off to get a container and upon arriving back was agitated and insisted that was not an option. Instead, staff put the kettle on for him at no cost.

At no time did the staff tell anyone to be more organised. One staff, who has a toddler, mentioned that she always carried around a flask with hot water in her car just in case. We are sorry if offence was taken as none was intended.

We are always looking to improve and shall review the procedures and try to work out where we can do better next time.

We hoped you enjoyed everything else the Park has to offer.

All reviews
"toilet block"
"opening hours"
"very reasonable price"

Reviewed 28 January 2018

We visited in early January with 2,5 and 7 year olds. It had been close on 40 years since I had been so was keen to take my children. We weren't disappointed. The focus is on families and always has been. Great to see a theme park that encourages people to bring picnic/BBQ rather than gouge you at the food stands. For those wanting a flashy American style Disney theme park you should perhaps stay away rather than being disappointed and ranting on TA. Even though my family all comes from Geelong (and my father from Anakie recalls climbing on the rocks before Fairy Park started) I hadn't heard the full story of how the park developed. Incredible to understand that German immigrants longing for memories of their homeland created this and that it is still in the family. Our kids loved pressing the buttons for the displays and working our way up the hill. landscaping is excellent. It's a shame the café at the top closed years ago and I agree with some reviewers that the summit is not quite ideal but we absolutely loved our day The playground is something that you will not see elsewhere in this risk adverse safety conscious world we live in but my kids loved it. Sure one of them got trapped in a tiny tunnel and another scraped her knee on cement rather than soft fall but they lived. Great to see this still in the family and still adding/growing. Keep up the good work and we will most definitely be back! Kids were also having so much fun that over the day we lost each one of them. Well done to staff and management for a great attraction.

Reviewed 26 January 2018

Overseas visitors had heard about this Park and so we took the rather long trip from Pakenham out to Anakie to let them see it first hand. I am glad that we did. I have known about this place for decades -- but always assumed it was a rather tired and amateurish effort at providing a tourist attraction in a remote area.
Not so!! The many sculptures and animated mannequins representing parts of the Fairy Tales collected by the Brothers Grimm (among others) are bright and cheery and reminiscent of the Myer Windows at Christmas time.
But probably the best fun was had in the large childrens' (and adults) playground withvarious rides as well as tunnels and dungeaons to explore and a giant slide. Highly recommended for a family day out. !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 20 January 2018

Had a great day wondering around the parking, looking at the fairytale displays. All the displays have been well maintained, and plenty of garden decorations throughout the park. As the park is on a hill, there are some steep inclines and are not that accessible to the mobility impaired, which it does clearly state on the website. I managed to get my mobility scooter through most of the park, just one really steep incline that I needed help with. Would not recommend for wheel chairs.
They had a food truck there, but great place to have a picnic.

1  Thank Samantha W