“Great old-fashioned fun”

Fairy Park
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Anakie
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Open since 1959, it's your time to discover Fairy Park's magic. Follow the sweeping pathways and discover the fairytales. Press the buttons and be dazzled as the characters come to life. Listen to the story and sing along with the music. Set amongst beautiful gardens, castles, caves and cottages. Explore Camelot Playground's secret passages and dark tunnels in this unique medieval playground. Climb daring towers, creep through the darkest tunnels, rescue damsels in distress, but watch out for Merlin and his magic! Fairy Park is a great venue for any sized gathering. Perfect for parties, family get-together's or large corporate events. Have the kids dress-up in theme, bring some decorations and away you go! We will help to ensure your day runs smoothly and is a great success.
Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

Took my 3 kids today, the older 2 (13 & 11) could remember being there about 3 years ago and were excited to see it again & to play in the playground, the youngest (6) couldn't really remember it at all. We spent about almost 3 hours there including eating picnic lunch we'd taken. Like others have said it's dated but whatever; it's not a theme park and doesn't purport to be one!

Merwizz, Guest Relations Manager at Fairy Park, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2017

Hi Karen U,

We are so happy that your 11 & 13 year olds enjoyed it too. They are never too old to have fun in Camelot!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review.

There are newer reviews for Fairy Park

Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

Hasn't changed one bit since I was a kid,
20 something years ago!!
My daughter 8 found it boring, she was most happy about the playground and that's about it!

2  Thank Ky07
Reviewed 19 April 2017

After viewing the website prior to our visit. I was very disappointed when I arrived there. I was expecting this amazing park with lots of fairy tale characters nestled up on the hills. But when we finally found the place ( as it's in the middle of nowhere) and took a walk up those very steep concrete paths to look at the houses, what we saw was tiny little houses with dark dingy windows and freaky looking puppets inside. Not what I was expecting for kids. Although I can apppreciate alot of time and effort has gone into building those little houses, it appears that it has not been updated since it was built. (which looks like it was more 50 years ago) I did expect some fairy tale characters at the park getting photo's with the kids but all they had was a wizard and a clown.
The playground was great. The kids really loved it. (Actually they liked it more than seeing those freaky puppets in the windows of the houses) The playground also needed a major make over but kids don't notice these things, so they still enjoyed it.
Lots of seating areas for a picnic and BBQ which was great but as far as attractions go, it was a major disappointment.
Judging by the responses given from the park owners over people's review of the park it appears they have difficulty accepting critisim. I understand it's hard reading critisim when the park has probably been in the same family since it was built, but I think it's time they came up with fresh ideas for the park, renovated it and moved it into the 21st century.

i wasn't expecting Disneyland but there is soo much wrong with this park than there is right with it.

For the price we paid ($88) for 2 kids and 3 adults ( as one kid was free as he was under 3) its a big rip off.

Definitely won't be back again and wouldn't recommended it to anyone wanting to visit.

So not worth it.

2  Thank Leanne I
Merwizz, Wizard at Fairy Park, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2017

Hi Leanne,

We are happy that your children enjoyed themselves.

For 2 children (1 being free) and 3 adults, the price you would have paid was $56,
not $88. As you came when we had a special event, this would have included free Magic Shows, Balloon Art, lollies and chocolate as well as photo opportunities with Princess Jasmine among others. On top of everything else the Park has to offer, we think most would agree that's pretty good value for a family day out.

We accept that we can, on occasion, be defensive when it comes to inaccuracies (such as your pricing statement) as this gives a false impression that needs to be set straight. In fact, there are more inaccuracies and misconceptions in your review that we have not responded to because thankfully, the feedback we receive is overwhelmingly positive.

The Park is constantly being updated. Just in the last month we have added a new display and modernized the Frog Prince. It's a shame you either missed them or didn't notice. We are under no illusion that there's still lots of room for improvement and we will be striving to do so. There's no resting on our laurels here!

We certainly are open to criticism and do listen and respond with positive actions where we can. People have different tastes and thankfully most love coming here and many return again and again. Although you won't be returning, we do hope that your kids have fond memories that they carry with them into the future.

Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

I took my twin 3 year old granddaughters for the day over Easter. I had taken their mother there when she was a child many times. As always, it was a magical day for the children. Facilities have been improved and are great, the fairytale animations are as good as ever. Walking pathways are in good condition and everything is well signed. This is also a beautiful location with great scenery. As it was Easter, the girls were also treated to a magic show and a visit by the Easter Bunny. They also loved the huge playground. Easy access and plenty of parking, with the choice of taking your own picnic or buying refreshments. All in all a brilliant day out at a very reasonable price.

Merwizz, Guest Relations Manager at Fairy Park, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2017

Hi Jackie W,

We are delighted to read your review and so happy that a magical day was had!
Thank you for taking the time to voice your experience.

The Fairy Park Family

Reviewed 22 March 2017

Ive my self been to fairy with my own children and now my grandchildren and its the same,i think for what you get the price is to much to get in,it really needs more to do,the kids had much better fun on the play ground there.its such a shame it hasn't got more to see from when I took my own children many years ago.

1  Thank Jane G