“Lunch in Lavender”
Review of La Trattoria

La Trattoria
Price range: USD 0 - USD 26
Reviewed 14 August 2015

We selected this venue as we were able to take the dog with us. The dog remained outside and we were in the cozy covered courtyard. We had a glass of wine and a shared plate of meats and cheeses. (Antipasto).
The food was good and the wine OK except the girls, who seemed a bit distracted but were pleasant enough did not provide me with the wine I requested. They used an open bottle to provide my wine instead of opening the one i requested. They did not advise me of the substitute.

Reviewed 8 January 2015

At first I was wondering about having to pay an entry fee on entry into a gift shop but after spending time around the farm, gardens, lavender fields and lovely setting of the restaurant it didn't bother me at all. I had the frittata and apple cake, both were delicious and good size serves too. Staff were very welcoming and attentive. It was an extremely hot day when I visited and a couple of elderly people were suffering from the heat. The staff provided a pedestal fan and cold towels for them. Good on you guys.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Never tire of visiting Lavandula, its gorgeous and lovely and friendly and one feels its a natural progression to end the time there and eat at their restaurant. The cold and wet day disappeared with warmth and friendliness of the staff and the hearty soup

Reviewed 10 September 2013

On entering the lovely environs of the Lavendula Swiss Lavender farm, you start in the retail shop and can check out and purchase thier lovely lavender themed goods as well as a nice assortment of homewares. Then to enter the actual farm you have to pay a $4 fee -which I found a bit rich as we only wanted to go to the cafe for a cup of tea. Anyway, pay we did and wandered down to the cafe. It is indeed a nice envioronment and I could see that in summer it would be supurb in the semi open air area. There wern't may guests on this Sunday late afteroon, however the service was very haphazard. Happy to do the 'order and pay at the counter' but do expect some warmth in the service and efficiency when it is clearly not busy. Would visit again for the environment and to picnic, but could see that the entrance fee could be offputting especially for a large group.

1  Thank Chrissylou62
Reviewed 13 July 2011

Lovely place. Only had coffee and scones. Both were v good