Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in great prices from these sites
PricelineUSD 233
FindHotelUSD 235
eDreamsUSD 233
Trip.comUSD 235
EtripUSD 235
Agoda.comUSD 235
All reviews mineral spa main building villa parma spa room dining room breakfast was included open fire art deco in house old world get away across the road king bed wedding anniversary relaxing stay glass of wine conservatory
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 April 2016

I had a garden spa room, which includes a spa bath on the back balcony. So I was in hedonistic heaven sipping wine in my bubbly bath and eating some choccy. The mini bar includes a choice of local wines and a few snacks, I got hungry on the first night and dug into some, but if you plan ahead you could grab your own snacks at the general store, or even the shops in Daylesford. Speaking of, there's a nice little wine store on main street. But I digress.

Room comes equipped with robes and towels, hair dryer, nice soap and shampoos. Big TV to watch while winding down in King sized bed.

WiFi however, is very very spotty. Wouldn't go in relying on it because it'll drive you cray cray.

I ate brekky at the conservatory on my second day, when I had only paid for it on my third, but we staff were super friendly and easy and let me swap the days. The continental spread was quite nice with fresh fruit and yogurt, etc. But the highlights were the pastries that were so buttery and delicious. I ate way to many of them, but no regret. Even the bread for the toast was lovely fresh baked sourdough. Dig in. There's also an al a caste menu, so obviously I got that too. Really lovely eggs benedict. Runny yokes, thick ham, A plus.

I had dinner at the Argus too. Not having had too many fine dining experiences before I wasn't sure what to expect. Staff was very polite and helpful, especially when trying to decide which dish I would like. All the options are too tempting! I ended up having the braised duck which was so unbelievably good. I am now a convert to eating duck. I also had myself a cocktail and was so full and satisfied after I couldn't even fit in dessert. The final bill wasn't even all that expensive at around $65 for one, it's a good experience to indulge the senses while on a relaxing getaway.

Speaking of relaxing, I also went to the retreat at the mineral spas attached to the resort. I had the chill, soak relax deal listed on the website which includes two days stay and 2 90 minute passes to the retreat. Honestly, it's spoiled me for other spas now. I think i stayed during a fairly busy time for them, because my first visit there were quite a few people in there with me. That can be a bit awkward, like invading other people's private conversations, but there are two outdoor hot mineral baths, one cool plunge in the middle, and inside there's a traditional hot stone sauna, a steam sauna (my favourite) and an infrared heat room. So I rotated in between all of these getting the full effect. By the end the full 90 minutes blew by and I was feeling pretty good.l my second visit felt like it went even faster, and there were much fewer people there are the same time. But I should mention that they were lovely people these other guests, very friendly.

I think I’ve covered most of it. I didn't get a chance to enjoy the gardens all that much, but i had a walk through them and in warmer weather they would be very nice spot to chill with a book or some friends. Ditto the bar.

Room tip: Garden rooms are like granny flat or small unit, there's a neighbour attached next door, but not too much noise and it has its own hot tub.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank christinahI9628UY
Laurinda V, Front Office Supervisor at Peppers Mineral Spring Hotel Hepburn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2016

Dear Christina H,

Thank you so much for your review! We truly appreciate all the wonderful feedback. It is lovely to hear you took some time to re-coup and recharge. Thank you again for your lovely comments, it is so rewarding for the entire team to know that their hard work is appreciated, from Housekeeping to gardens to the restaurant. We hope that you will be able to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 29 March 2016

We were excited to be upgraded (albeit at a price) to almost the last room available in Hepburn Springs/Daylesford over Easter. It's a beautiful old building and the ground floor reception/library/dining areas are really lovely. Upstairs though, one feels it's still a bit of an old guest house in need of attention.
Our room was fairly cramped, with nowhere to store non-hanging clothes but we managed. The copper bath was stunning to look at. Bed was OK. Both windows (toilet and shower) were whited out which prevented a view (would have been nice - we were upstairs so don't think privacy was an issue).
My main gripe was that our room (201 - avoid it!) was directly above the kitchen and there was loud clanging and banging every night until late (kegs being rolled?) and on the Saturday night the dishwasher was loaded and run at regular intervals until well after midnight. When I rang the number for reception to ask how long the noise would go on for, the barman (?) answered the phone with "this is the Argus, speak to me" ... I was a bit taken aback at his tone and manner of answering the phone.
We were able to be moved to a quieter (more cramped) room for our final night which was mercifully quiet.
The room rate included breakfast and this was very nice and generous.
(Why do hotels insist on charging extra for a proper coffee???)
All in all, for the grandeur of the building I was disappointed in the rooms - and as mentioned in my restaurant review - the fine dining Argus restaurant .

Room tip: Don't stay in 201 if you are a light sleeper. 203 was quiet. Can't speak for the others.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Anniecreebes,

Thank you for your feedback, we take all feedback seriously and have taken your comments on board. If you wish to discuss your concerns any further, I invite you to call our Front Office. We hope for an opportunity to welcome you back and exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 22 March 2016 via mobile

The main building is beautiful, but the accommodation was definitely not value for money. The room was just 'ok' dark and cluttered with a king bed and a single bed. Not even a knife and fork or plate of you wanted to eat your own food. The hearing / cooling didn't seem to heat / cool. The reception staff didn't answer the phone three times we called so walked over to the main building to get a bucket of ice. The conservatory was the highlight, breakfast was the best we've had at any hotel. But then the staff at the Mineral Spa (on the Peppers property) were another let down, incredibly rude!! So we booked or treatment at the Hepburn bathhouse instead (which was amazing!). Lots to do and see in the Daylesford/ Hepburn Springs area, but Peppers is not worth the investment, next time we will look for something cheaper, we are unsure how it is so highly rated.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Lisa H,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay. Our staff would have been very happy to discuss your concerns and perhaps show you an alternate room style that may have been more to your liking. I am glad to hear you enjoyed breakfast at The Conservatory, the gourmet breakfast at The Conservatory is an excellent way to start the day! Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 20 March 2016 via mobile

Stayed here with a friend for a girls weekend. Amazing service, from the check-in, to the Retreat spa, to the restaurant..the staff were incredible. Fantastic food and the Spa is divine. Highly recommend this place for anyone needing to de-stress and escape life for a couple of days. Or a day visit would also suffice!

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Lynne S,

Thank you for your lovely feedback, the Mineral Spa have a ‘Girl’s Day Out’ package. This is the perfect option for a hen’s weekend, birthday or just a great excuse for some extra pampering! We hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed 17 March 2016 via mobile

I needed to escape the city for a couple of days and founds this absolute gem. The entire resort has a beautiful feel, manicured gardens, great rooms. I booked a garden spa room and it didn't disappoint, cute little balcony that overlooked the grounds and a freestanding bathtub with spa jets!! Comfortable king size bed and great restaurant and day spa on site. Didn't leave the resort for 2 day.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank DwayneC1980

Dear Dwayne C,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such wonderful feedback! Our Deluxe Spa rooms are perfect for a stay during winter, with a large 2 person spa in the bedroom it is the ideal way to relax in the cooler months. We hope to welcome you back again soon!