“Fantastic experience”
Review of The Mineral Spa

The Mineral Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Mineral Spa is an idyllic rural restorative haven; one of the largest and most acclaimed rural day spas in Australia. Mineral Spa has been specifically designed as a sanctuary of healing and relaxation; connecting body and spirit to the earth's natural elements and offering powerful healing and beauty treatments to re-invigorate and restore. Therapists, each with their own area of expertise and selected for their healing hands and calming spirits, ensure that every guest experiences a beautiful and personal spa experience; with individual consultations and exclusive specialist treatments. The spa’s key feature of healing through water is The Retreat; a mineral water therapy zone following in the healing traditions of the famous mineral spas throughout Europe. Tucked in a private and peaceful indoor/outdoor corner of the spa, The Retreat comprises two 100% mineral water spas, a cold plunge pool, steam room, infra-red detox box and the only lavender-infused basalt stone sauna in the Southern Hemisphere.
Reviewed 2 October 2016

Myself and a girlfriend booked a package of one night's accommodation at Peppers as well as a 1 hour relaxation massages and an hour's access to the spa/water area. It was all beautiful. The massages were very, very good. The therapists asked us if we wanted silence or not and we said we did, which is exactly what we got. We both commented at the end that it was amongst the best massages we had ever had.
Thanks guys. We will be back next time we are visiting Daylesford!

FionaCraig, Manager at The Mineral Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2016

Thank you so much. It is always a thrill to receive such great feedback. We make a habit of asking guests if they'd like silence or chat in the treatment and we find that peace and quiet is what most people crave. It's great you feel we delivered on all fronts. We look forward to welcoming you back.

There are newer reviews for The Mineral Spa

Reviewed 27 September 2016 via mobile

I decided to book in a massage to celebrate our wedding anniversary. I was looking to book elsewhere but the Mineral Spa offered 'specials', and I love a good deal . I ended up booking the Double Deluxe Delight. No, not a pizza, but a delicious combination of seamlessly integrated goodness anyway!

Treatment: 1. a 30-minute soak (with your choice of mineral/essence - we chose lavender) in a double tub. 2. Full body exfoliation 3. Warm algae wrap, 4. Facial, and 5. A full body massage!!

2.5 hrs of utter relaxation and joy!!!!

The therapists were incredible and professional (Tegan- you are a superstar!) and all of the Pevonia products left us feeling completely refreshed and satisfied.

I have nothing bad to say. It cost a bit, but I believe it was worth the splurge. From booking to arrival- all the staff were great! I'd definitely recommend this spa and treatment to anyone looking for something special! Even good for girlfriends! I will definitely be back!

FionaCraig, Manager at The Mineral Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2016

Thank you so much for such wonderful feedback! Our Double Deluxe Delight has been a hit this spring and I'm thrilled you loved it. The challenge is on to come up with another great couples special that might encourage a return visit...I'll start working on it.

Reviewed 21 September 2016

There are so many spa and wellness centres in Hepburn and Daylesford that I found it so hard to narrow it down and wanted to try them all but just did not have time to. The Mineral Spa was a definite on my list. We both love day spas and regularly spoil ourselves to a day spa pamper session. The reviews were a bit of a hit and miss for the treatments, so we opted to test out the spa area only and have our treatment at another place after the spa.

We started off our morning with a fantastic start, having a delicious big buffet breakfast at The Conservatory. The food was amazing and the service in the Conservatory and Mineral Spa were great. As we were staying at Hepburn at Hepburn we got a special price, midweek 2 for 1 entry. It only costed us $70 for 2 people for a one hour spa time, instead of paying $140 which was fantastic value for money. It worked out cheaper for us to book breakfast at The Conservatory separately rather than book and pay for it as a package.

We visited the Hepburn Bathhouse as well the day before, but we really enjoyed the Mineral Spa more as its more intimate and luxurious. There was only one other couple in the spa for 30 minutes and then we had the place to our self. Even though there are only 2 hot spas and there are more spas at the Bathhouse, we enjoyed the privacy and quite, it was cleaner, our skin did not stink of chlorine like it did at the Bathhouse. The garden is stunning and we loved sitting in the spa looking at the garden, it was very peaceful, tranquil and time stopped. We also enjoyed the saunas and then going outside on the balcony for some fresh air and admiring the garden views. I was not game enough to try the cold pool, my fiancé did and he didnt find it to be exhilarating like others have mentioned. We loved everything about Peppers, the food, the spa and the service, it was a fantastic experience. I would go back for great food spa and I am keen try out the treatment too.

1  Thank NikkiGAdelaide

Thanks Nikki for your positive feedback. I'd glad you had such a great experience in the Retreat. We do offer a more intimate experience than our neighbours at the Bathhouse - we limit the numbers to 12 at any one time and try to spread the bookings so everyone can enjoy some precious tranquility. We would love to welcome you back to try a treatment with one our of talented therapists at some point soon.

Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

I visited the Mineral Spa, Hepburn Springs on the 09/09/16 with my partner for some time in the Retreat as well as individual treatments.
The retreat is a unique and truly enjoyable experience and I would recommend it to anyone, however the treatment I received - a 45 min Mirri Float Facial was anything but.
The treatment itself was short, uninspired and did nothing at all to make my skin or me feel relaxed or rejuvenated, however that was not the worst part - my therapist was disinterested, disengaged and clearly had somewhere better to be! I actually left there feeling angry and let down - not what a day spa is meant to be about!
Hints for your visit - don't book treatments late in the day (because the therapist just wants to go home) and don't bother with the Mirri Float!
Oh and don't bother filling in a feedback form either because they don't contact you to discuss- waste of time!!!

FionaCraig, Manager at The Mineral Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write feedback. I'm disappointed to hear you didn't enjoy a treatment that, while short, is usually very relaxing. We take feedback like this seriously and will use it to improve consistency across the team. Many thanks again.

Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

After arriving and filling out the usual forms we had a private spa for 30mins before heading to the treatment room for our Ritual Treatment.
The beauty therapists were fantastic and our sessions went for 1.5hrs.
I recommend anyone visiting Daylesford visit the The Mineral Spa at Peppers for a relaxing experience.

FionaCraig, Manager at The Mineral Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2016

Thanks for your lovely feedback. It sounds like you chose one of our signature rituals combining a few different elements for a very luxurious experience. I always pass on positive feedback to our therapists and they are always very delighted, so thank you!