“The Retreat was seriously invigorating.”
Review of The Mineral Spa

The Mineral Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Mineral Spa is an idyllic rural restorative haven; one of the largest and most acclaimed rural day spas in Australia. Mineral Spa has been specifically designed as a sanctuary of healing and relaxation; connecting body and spirit to the earth's natural elements and offering powerful healing and beauty treatments to re-invigorate and restore. Therapists, each with their own area of expertise and selected for their healing hands and calming spirits, ensure that every guest experiences a beautiful and personal spa experience; with individual consultations and exclusive specialist treatments. The spa’s key feature of healing through water is The Retreat; a mineral water therapy zone following in the healing traditions of the famous mineral spas throughout Europe. Tucked in a private and peaceful indoor/outdoor corner of the spa, The Retreat comprises two 100% mineral water spas, a cold plunge pool, steam room, infra-red detox box and the only lavender-infused basalt stone sauna in the Southern Hemisphere.
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The Retreat is like a retreat within a retreat. Following the 90min session with the dry sauna, steam room, and the three outdoor (covered) spas we were so relaxed, and refreshed. The staff supplied all that was needed, and the dressing rooms supplied gowns and slippers, and following the spas I appreciated the great moisturisers that were available following the shower.

FionaCraig, Manager at The Mineral Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Brett, thanks for your positive review of our water therapy area The Retreat. Experienced alone, or either side of a treatment, it certainly is a quietly relaxing experience.
Our body moisturiser in the change rooms is made by a Daylesford aromatherapist and it's packed full of essential oils - I'll pass on your feedback to her; she'll be thrilled.

There are newer reviews for The Mineral Spa

Reviewed 29 June 2014

A wonderful place to relax. Very private. The open spa pool on a very cold day was invigorating. The temperature of the water was just perfect and the view across the gardens beautiful.

1  Thank Margaret C

Dear Margaret, thank you for your positive comments. With the chilly and wet weather we've been experiencing lately the water therapy area is certainly coming into its own. It sounds like you really enjoyed the benefits of the fresh air and views. We hope to see you again soon.

Regards, Fiona

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Unfortunately, my experience at Mineral Spa was dissapointing due to poor communication and poor organisation.There are far better options in the Hepburn Springs/Dalyesford area, and my advice is go elsewhere. I went to several spa's while in the region and the Mineral Spa is certainly not where I would recommend.

The treatment itself was fine - however the overall experience of going to spa, to relax and have a bit of pampering - was spoiled by the communication both prior to and after my appointment.

From getting my email wrong (even when I rang twice to confirm it), not being informed I would have a male therapist, mixing up my treatment, and not ringing back when they said they would, my experience at the Mineral Spa was marred by a pattern of errors. For a Spa that clearly wants to present itself as 5 star and charges as such, it has some opportunities to improve.

And, when I did provide feedback about my experience I had to speak with 4 different people before I was finally able to speak to the Manager (despite being told that she would call me the very next day after my appointment). This could be a great spa, but clearly it has some gaps when it comes to back end processes, customer service, and professionalism.

1  Thank MargotIsabelle

Dear Margot, thank you for your constructive feedback.
I am glad we were able to speak on the phone and talk through your experience. Unfortunately circumstances prevented me from contacting you immediately but I hope that your speaking instead with the hotel's General Manager in the interim went some way toward assuring you that your feedback was being taken seriously.
First and foremost, I am very pleased that you enjoyed your massage with one of our senior male therapists. I apologise for any communication errors that were made in the journey to the treatment room. Although feedback like this is very rare as we strive to make sure every guest's visit is memorable, your experience reminds us to constantly monitor and improve our processes.
We do hope you are able to use the complimentary Retreat Access Pass I offered you and we look forward to welcoming you to the spa again soon.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Went with my partner for a spa package that included entry into the retreat, lunch and then a massage. The Retreat is a lot smaller than I thought it would be. Quite crowded, not as relaxing as I had hoped. Lunch was great, in the Argus restaurant. It was a bit annoying that we had to get completely dry and dressed after our swim to have lunch, then come back and get changed again for our massages. The package should have been arranged better. Massage was great, lovely and relaxing. Staff were really nice.

3  Thank AnnaLee F
FionaCraig, Manager at The Mineral Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear AnnaLee,

Thank you very much for your feedback and I'm very pleased you enjoyed your massage.
I regret that we were unable to schedule your package in the way that we usually prefer - time in The Retreat, massage and then lunch - but sometimes it is not possible due to other bookings already in the system. In that case we need to book around the availability of the therapists.
Again, thanks for you feedback.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We went here for a couple massage and were not disappointed. The staff were friendly and the massages delightful. I even got a special pregnancy massage which was just great. After the massage you can sit down in front of an open fire place, have a tea and just relax. Unfortunately we had some bad luck with some other guests being there at the same time and they were chatting so loudly that it wasn't that relaxing anymore...But that's not really a big drama.

1  Thank Eva W
FionaCraig, Manager at The Mineral Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Eva, we're thrilled you enjoyed your experience and your Li'tya Marma Kodo pregnancy massage. It's a great treatment that encourages both relaxation and improved circulation - vital in pregnancy.
I apologise for the noise created by other guests - we do our best to encourage a peaceful atmosphere and your feedback reminds us to maintain our efforts. Thanks again.