“Service plus great food? What more could you want!!”
Review of The Perfect Drop - CLOSED

The Perfect Drop
Price range: USD 18 - USD 37
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our focus is on local produce, we know all the farmers directly; we focus on ethical and buying whole animals direct from the source. We employ a full time butcher who looks after all of our meat, including curing and ageing, for both our restaurant and our newly renovated pub (located in Creswick 15 mins from Daylesford). We have several kitchen gardens and grow a lot of our own produce. Our award-winning executive chef, Hugh Maxwell and his team create some of the most incredible contemporary dishes, sure to wow your senses. Our French restaurant manager and his talented team will ensure the best fine dining experience. We aim to be your ultimate dining experience, one that you cannot forget. There is a separate wine bar and courtyard for pre-dinner drinks and happy hour 4pm-6pm daily, half price oysters and cocktails.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

First of all...this is going to be a long review. I like to share the experience we had, every detail, as that is what I would love to read in reviews also. So here it is.

We visited The Perfect Drop for dinner in March for our Girls Weekend Getaway. There were 8 of us so to make sure we got a spot and the right time we booked well in advance.
To start off with, we had a bit of trouble getting to dinner due to unforeseen circumstances therefore we were running about 10 to 15mins late. Called up the restaurant to let them know and they were really cool about everything. So we showed up abit late but when we got there, the smiles and greetings we got was very welcoming. The table was set out and ready for us beautifully and we just got comfortable right away.
Staff came to describe the type of food, background of chef, of restaurant, abit of chit chat, which I find made us really comfortable since it was our very first time. First time fine dining too! Had our drink orders first while we waited for the food. Some of us had the chef degustation others had the 3 Course meal.
I had the Chef Degustion.
When our first course came out, the waiter explained and described what the meal had consisted of. He did that for every meal which we liked. Not only that, he even told us which cutlery to use to eat the meal with. Since it was our first time like i mentioned, we really appreciated it. I then said to the staff as he finished telling us which cutlery to use, "Thanks for letting us know because we wouldnt have had a clue".
After bringing out the meals one after another, he never again mentioned which cutlery to use for which meal. I realised i might have sounded sarcastic...which is not true. I did actually mean it...we've never been fine dining before!...and I think this was my fine dining to start off with! I would like to apologise to this particular waiter as i may have come out sounding sarcastic. Sorry.
But...the food...i found it to be amazing. Even the bread roll was amazing to me. The Scampi was very nice. Our first meal of the night had the quinoa in it, i also ate my sis in laws plate...i enjoyed it that much.
The others who had 3 course meals were so full by the end of the night. The only complaint i had were the cocktails. They should fancy it up abit and it was a touch too strong.
Im not going to go through and describe every meal because i cant remember the names and it would be way too long. But i cannot fault the food. Every meal i had was just yum meal after meal. You wont be disapointed. In saying that, i have nothing else to compare my dining to as its our first experience but i was awsome for our first experience. The atmosphere was very warm and not over croweded. Wait staff were excellent, service were excellent even the paying system was excellent. I dont think i had anything to complain about really.
If you're ever in Daylesford give Perfect Drop a visit. Food is amazing and service is everything to me. If we were ever going to go back there, We will dine there again 100%/ Thank you to The Perfect Drop. Thumbs up!

2  Thank Saory S

Reviewed 5 April 2018

A friend from the Macedon Ranges booked me into The Perfect Drop last week and I will be permanently indebted to her. The meal completely blew my mind with the scallop entree with an oyster ice cream and Beluga caviar completely reframing what I was in for. I chose the lamb shoulder for main and have no idea how the kitchen achieved the melted texture of a slow cooked meal on the inside but a crisp, slightly scored exterior: an incredible combination. And the berry infused shortbread tart to finish was the perfect cleanser. Wine and service were also excellent but this review belongs to the kitchen staff. Just a wonderful surprise and I am shouting it from the rooftops. Congratulations!

2  Thank Blair S
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Very impressed ... food was very, very good. Nice location and ambience. Some of the wait staff were obviously inexperienced in terms of not knowing much of the wine list and a bit nervous but that is a very minor point. Will definitely come back.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We ordered off the menu and Sonia had scallops and I had the scampi entree the sauce was scampi chowder. Very yum.
Our mains were the beef and the lamp respectively my lamb was kind of crispy on the surface but casseroled in the middle.it was delicious. I was not up for the potato
Cooked 3 ways, large chip , mash, potato crisp. Desserts were spectacular

3  Thank Paul M
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Disappointing. Food was bland. Serves were small. Service was supercilious. Left most if my main course because it was tasteless - but the staff didn't even bother to enquire why! I wouldn't recommend this place at all.

2  Thank JaneZM