Open today: 9:30 am - 5:30 pm
Review Highlights
Massage

Absolutely amazing massage. Staff were very friendly and welcoming and professional. The room was... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
angiemM5460DR
Melbourne, Australia
via mobile
Soma Massage

This was a delightful experience from the moment we walked in. It was a great massage for a really... read more

Reviewed 8 October 2018
jempmcd
Melbourne, Australia

All reviews deep tissue feeling amazing an affordable price stress relief lovely experience booking process comfortable environment good at what they do therapy room wonderful treatment left us feeling i've experienced my partner tight muscles great ambience herbal tea relaxing music
Reviewed 10 August 2017

Beautiful relaxing massage tailored to my individual needs, would definitely return here again. Thank you

Reviewed 10 August 2017

My everything and I had a couple massage at Soma over the weekend. The ambience was nice and the staff lovely. The pressure was just right!

Reviewed 7 August 2017

Our shared experience, (his massage and my facial, with arm and hand massage) was so relaxing. The staff were professional in there approach, and experienced in their techniques. We both left in a relaxed frame of mind ready to tackle the day ahead! In order to choose a business I primarily reviewed others opinions, and then was pleasantly surprised by the cost. The venue was adequate but the service was great!

Reviewed 5 August 2017

Soma was a perfect treat to end a very quick trip to Daylesford, my mum and I had an amazing 90 minute deep tissue and relaxation massage and it was fabulous! We walked out floating. Would highly recommend, the therapists were very good at what they do being professional and experienced. Loved every minute!

Reviewed 28 July 2017

On our recent trip to Daylesford, we decided to try Soma since they're rated as the number 1 on Trip Advisor. We previously had one of the best massages of our lives a few years ago at Hepburn Bathhouse, but given the hefty price, decided to try elsewhere this time.

Yvette was lovely to deal with during the booking process. She was quick to reply to my email and accommodating with a change of booking time.

My husband and I had a 1 hour Bliss massage in the same room. Both therapists, Yvette and her colleague, were so lovely. This sounds like a strange thing to say, but I also really liked the client form we filled out at the start. Whilst there is always a form to fill out for a massage, this form asked a few things that made the process better. For example, I don't think I'm usually asked my occupation, but when Yvette saw that I work in an office, she offered to focus on my shoulders and upper back. It was different for my husband. The form also made it clear that the therapists understand that sometimes during a massage you need to itch, you might make a noise or even pass gas (ha). I know that often I feel like I want to itch my nose or something during a massage and worry that the therapist will be annoyed that I've moved my body so it was nice having it expressly said that this was not a problem. I know it sounds silly, but this made a difference.

The massage was nice. A good compromise between actually working out some knots in my back and being relaxing. It wasn't our best massage but it was nice.

It was a tiny bit disappointing that we had arrived at 5 minutes to the hour as asked, to fill out our forms. By the time we'd done the form, undressed and the massage started, it can't have been earlier than 5 past the hour. But the massage concluded at 4 minutes to the hour. It wasn't quite a 60 minute massage. It sounds petty to comment on what was probably only 9 minutes, but given the expense of a couple's massage and how rarely we get to do this, it was a slight bit disappointing not to get a whole hour when it did not appear there was a booking following us. Especially given I'd agreed to forgo having my front of legs treated so that Yvette could concentrate on my upper back more - in the extra 9 minutes she could have done a quick bit on the legs.

A lovely experience but we'd probably try elsewhere next time we're in Daylesford. That's not to say I wouldn't ever return, but I’d fork out the large price for Hepburn Bathhouse next time.

Date of experience: July 2017
Management response:Responded 29 July 2017

Hello Tamara, and thank you for your thorough feedback.
We apologise that we did not meet your expectations here at Soma. In response to your feedback regarding the time allocated for the massage, we ask for all clients to come in 5 minutes before their booking time to calm and settle and to fill out brief paperwork so that we can address key areas of the body that are of concern. Once the paperwork is filled out, we then move into the 5 minute consultation which forms part of the hour or 90 minute treatment. We end all treatments a minute before the allocated time to allow for clients to resettle, to ground themselves, get dressed and then a refreshment afterwoods and to allow enough time for change over of bedding and for the next clients not to be kept waiting.
Again, we apologise that your experience at Soma was not to your standards and wish you all the very best.

Warm regards