“Hidden Jewel”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Shelter Cove
Inn of the Lost Coast
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Shelter Cove
Munich, Germany
“Hidden Jewel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

My husband and I took a road trip from Seattle to San Francisco and we splurged one night here and loved it! We had stumbled upon it on the map and were very happy we did. Our experience was great and we would definitely go back!

I wrote a bit more about it and have some photos on my blog if you would like to see more! http://hiddentraveltreasures.com/getting-lost-in-northern-california/

Room Tip: We splurged and booked the suite, which in our opinion was totally worth it...the hot tub with a vie...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Boscopix

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2011

I was traveling solo on motorcycle and stopped in at shelter cove. The place was dead as it was the off season. I was suprised that they were not offering off season rates. I had to pull teeth to get a decent rate. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the view was amazing. I was disappointed that the television didn;t work too well. When I asked about it the staff indicated that they knew it was on the fritz and were not willing to do anything about it. I didn't push it too much because It wasn't worth the battle for somthing I didn't care that much about. All in all, a very cozy place.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank iowatraveler100
Eureka, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2011

Once again we enjoyed a great weekend at the cove..Staff is always great. Summer is a little different then winter for adventures. Will go back again

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank CAL088
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2011

My husband and I drove up the coast from San Francisco to Gold Beach, Oregon. On the way back, we decided to get off the beaten path, and found Shelter Cove. What a spectacular area; not touristy at all - just peaceful, stunning ocean views, and quiet. After calling several places that were a bit pricier than we anticipated, we stumbled upon Inn of the Lost Coast. What a find! Our corner room has a magnificent ocean view with a private balcony. We can hear the waves crashing loudly --- and ahhh, it's going to be like heaven to sleep tonight. I'm not sure why other reviewers stated this place needs a facelift, by the way. Our room, and the building, is fresh and lovely. If you're looking for fine dining, this isn't the place. There's a pizza carry-out attached to the bldg., and it's fine, and there's a few other small places nearby. But that doesn't matter to us. We would highly recommend this magical place.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kathy P
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2011

We took a trip from San Francisco to the Redwoods National Park via the Pacific Coast Hwy. This Inn was a perfect stop-over along the way. We were only staying for one night but made the most our stay by exploring the beautiful coastline. The beach along Shelter Cove was made up of smooth black pebbles and large boulders. It was a great photo op for the landscape photographer in me!
The owners were very cordial and accommodating and the local restaurant across the street had great food. We felt very honored to have stumbled across this great find and hope to go back someday for a longer stay.

Room Tip: The upstairs, north corner room probably has the best view of the coastline.
  • Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
25.9 km away
Dean Creek Resort
Dean Creek Resort
#1 of 1 in Redway

Been to Inn of the Lost Coast? Share your experiences!