“Great food, nice atmosphere”

Jodi's Jamrock Food
Price range: USD 3 - USD 14
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Come along to our family run Jamaican restaurant! We serve traditional Jamaican food like jerk chicken and pork, curry goat, home-made patties, rice and peas and much, much more! We also serve Jamaican food with a twist like our jerk chicken quesadillas, pulled jerk pork sandwich, spicy saltfish wraps and hand-cut seasoned sweet potato fries. We offer a full bar including wine, a vast selection of rum, cocktails and RedStripe on tap. So come see us! Eat. Rum. Reggae. Vibes... Breakfast at the weekend!
Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

We visited in a group of four friends. The initial service was good and our gluten free friend was easily able to choose.
The cocktails were great.
There was a bit of a mix up with making up our order and it took a long time for our mains to appear. However, we were supplied with a free round of drinks and the food was lovely.
We will definitely return.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank Pat S

Reviewed 2 October 2018

Went to Jam Rock for the first time to celebrate my friends 50th...The staff was all very friendly and polite and looked like they enjoyed working there..happy staff = happy customers lol anyway I must state the vegan burrito i had was the best meal I have eaten in any restaurant in the 3 years I have been vegan here and abroad every bite was packed with flavour and I also had corn fritters on the side get outta near my mouth is watering now thinking about it..I recommend Jodies Jam Rock 100%,,,,go and get Jam Rocked you won't regret it!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 3 September 2018

Having eaten here on numerous occasions,l can honestly say that i have never had a bad experience. The food, of any description is wonderful and flavoursome beyond expectation. Not being one for very too hot or spicy food , l have found all my meals to be just right , and yet,ask and they can add heat if thats your thing. Recomending Jamrock comes easily especially when its sampling another cultrural cusine. My only gripe would be that due to demand, sometimes you'll have to wait but, on reflection, this is a small price to pay. ENJOY.

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

We have been here a few times as a couple and more recently with our newborn and also ordered takeaways many times. (Although they do not deliver, there is a service you can use provided by someone else).

The feel of the restaurant is great with reggae playing and sofas or tables to sit on and their ingredients are sourced locally.

We mostly have the jerk pork and chicken which are both lovely. I tried the calamari from the starters list for the first time recently and that was really nice it was soft and the coating was crispy with a nice dipping sauce.

They give you some flavoured popcorn to nibble whilst you wait for your food which is delicious!

Guinness punch is worth a taste although they do have a good choice of cocktails.

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

A friend and I visited for the first time recently and the decor is fabulous- really authentic and gives a real feel for being in the Caribbean!
Service is very friendly - complimentary spiced popcorn was nice on arrival.
The cocktail selection is good.
The food contains all the ‘A’s you would expect’ Caribbean dishes - jerk chicken, curried goat etc but also some more unusual options too!
We both had the curried shrimp served with rice and peas and it was excellent! Hot fresh, well spiced, and very delicious! We both cleared our plates!
The deserts looked amazing containing such ingredients as banana coconut and rum but sadly we were far too full.
Service was a little slow but overall we had a fab night!

1  Thank Sandfairy27