“Great place to eat”
Review of La Rocca

La Rocca
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: La Rocca Italian Restaurant in Wellingborough is one of the finest Restaurants in Northamptonshire. It's owners Angelo and John have a vast amount of experience in the restaurant industry. We Hope you enjoy your meal with us at La Rocca Buon Appetito!
Reviewed 2 November 2018 via mobile

Amazing food, very friendly and helpful staff, attentive chef and relaxed atmosphere.

Would highly recommend this gem we found while staying in Wellingborough.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

We found this place whilst wandering looking for somewhere for a quick meal & at first thought it was closed down because the windows looked painted out from a distance. I’m glad we checked because inside was a lovely bright & airy restaurant with really friendly staff & a great lunchtime special menu which gives you a choice of a main meal & drink for £8.50. The portions were generous, food really tasty, service quite quick & atmosphere really pleasant. It was quite busy when we arrived & as soon as our food arrived we knew why. A lovely hidden gem, we would definitely eat there if we visit Wellingborough again.

1  Thank sarahe832
Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

Went for meal here as it was my birthday, food is lovely,staff are friendly and service is great. My only bug bare was the fact that the tv was on with Coronation Street playing!!!!. Think this ruins the atmosphere, too tempting to watch tv. It’s bad enough at home trying to get a conversation when tv on. Such a shame as it’s a lovely restaurant

Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

Pre castle show dinner - and what a little gem this is to find in Wellingborough.
Firstly - service . I booked online, arrived a little ahead of time and was given a warm welcome and seated at our table . The restaurant was surprisingly bigger than what I expected. Service was excellent and prompt, just what we needed before heading to the castle for a show.

The food. Wow! calamari and garlic bread to start. Delicious. Though I did think calamari a bit expensive for the portion size.
For main my partner and I both had the “filetto Rossini” and my word! It was wonderful. My only suggestion of improvement was different potatoes. Potatoes are what the chef chooses for the day , so maybe pot luck, but for our visit they were thinly sliced crispy potatoes.. I can’t help but think for this dish roast potatoes or dauphinois may have been a nicer accomplice.

The house white wine was lovely and my partner had beer.

Was a lovely dining experience close to home. I wouldn’t hesitate recommending for a couples meal, and a treat.

Reviewed 3 September 2018

If you want authentic Italian cuisine with a twist to it ? then this delightful out the way restaurant is the place to be. Everything about the food speaks quality and flavour. Service is not quick but , fresh hand cooked food takes time and you'll appreciate it. The staff are attentive, and yet, not intrusive. La Rocca has an enviable reputation of affectionate followers, come, join the crowd.

Date of visit: August 2018