Another lovely stay at The Poplars for me, my mum and our dog. This time, we chose to stay in Rose Cottage which has two bedrooms, one with a double bed and en-suite with shower, and a twin room. There is also a separate bathroom with bath. Rose Cottage is all on one level so suitable for those with mobility issues. The living area consists of plenty of comfortable seating (two settees), tv, fire and kitchen/dining area. There was everything we needed for our stay. All we needed to do was take a trip to the local supermarket (5 minute drive towards Thirsk centre) and stock up on the food we would need. I don't think there is any WiFi in the cottages, but it is available at the main house, however, I was happy to escape from it for a week. As with the other cottages and B&B Rooms we have stayed in here, everything is spotless, the beds are very comfortable, and the water pressure is great to have a really good shower to start the day.
The cottage is in a great area for travelling to all the "well known" places around North Yorkshire, after a few years visiting, we are now finding the smaller attractions usually overlooked on a short stay. We find something new every year and are more than happy to come back to The Poplars again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Poplars, originally a farm house, built in 1901, is an impressive detached property with far reaching grounds. Set within an acre of gardens, the Poplars Rooms are all accessed via their own private entrance, affording you the privacy usually associated with a larger hotel, whilst offering our guests the personal touches and attention to detail from a small family owned Bed & Breakfast. Ideally located for access to all major routes ( A1, A61 & A19) as well as being only 250m from the train station, The Poplars is an ideal base for business or pleasure. All rooms are exceptionally well equipped with all the comforts you would expect from a quality driven establishment; Freeview TV, Power Shower, Free WIFI, Bathrobes, Mineral Water and Tea & Coffee facilities, make for those extra special touches. A great night's sleep, complimented by a fantastic breakfast..... Bed & Breakfast as it should be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, lastminute.com.au, Booking.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Poplars - Rooms & Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Poplars - Rooms & Cottages Hotel Thirsk
- The Poplars - Rooms And Cottages