All reviewsrose cottagestayed hereself cateringown private entrancethe main housetea and cakerail stationwithin walking distanceon arrivalb and bfeel very welcomea lovely place to staybreakfast was excellenthope to visit againrace coursethe ground floormain road
Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

I stayed here at the start of the month for a night and I wish it could of been longer. Host was very friendly and welcoming. Room was lovely and had a great sleep. Breakfast was the best one I have ever had. I would highly recommend saying here one of the best places I have stayed in.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer C
Reviewed 7 July 2016

We couldn't have been more comfortable here - we stayed in a tastefully decorated and beautifully appointed room, which was typical of the rest of the house. The bathroom amenities were of the highest quality, and we were hugely impressed by the many small but important things that had been thoughtfully provided for our comfort. Breakfast was excellent, and we were made to feel welcome in every possible way. We would most definitely visit again.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2016

it was a wonderful place things could not have been any better.when we are in the region again we will certainly be trying it again .the breakfast was great quality .the landlady was friendly and helpful

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Mindy77Uk, Owner at The Poplars - Rooms & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2016

Thank you Martin for taking the time to leave a comment and pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Look forward to welcoming back again.

Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

Myself and my wife were attending a wedding locally so decided to stay over at the poplars and make a weekend of it.

I have to say the trip advisor reviews did not let us down.

Amanda was in contact via E-mail before our arrival and helpful regarding arrival times / check in.

When we arrived it was to a warm welcome and a quick tour of the accommodation which was a delight.

The accommodation was well laid out with ample storage space and a generous en suite with plenty of towels.

A well stocked tea tray with fresh milk offered if required and restocked daily.

Amanda was very helpful in giving local information and restaurant recommendations and the offer of arranging cab services if we needed one.

The available breakfast range was one of the best I've experienced should you decide to stray from the full Yorkshire breakfast, which was to die for and freshly cooked by Amanda herself.

On the whole I couldn't recommend this B&B enough, the whole experience felt more like I was a guest at Amanda's home rather than a paying customer.

Thank you for making a rare child free weekend something extra special.

PS: make an effort to meet Bailey he is adorable!!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Mindy77Uk, Owner at The Poplars - Rooms & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2016

Steven, thanks for the lovely feedback, glad to hear you felt refreshed after your child free break... Hope to see you back here again, in one of the cottages, this time with the kids in tow.

Reviewed 3 July 2016 via mobile

I would of given the poplars a 5 however on our last night stay my partner went down to have breakfast around 9 am (breakfast is served till 9.30am) to be told she was busy and there was abit of bacon left of which was cold.
Apart from this the room was lovely and cosy. Beautiful surrounds.
Just a shame about the breakfast though

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Mindy77Uk, Owner at The Poplars - Rooms & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, and pleased that you found the accommodation nice and cosy and appreciated our beautiful grounds. My apologies that your partner wasn't satisfied with his breakfast, but our room information folders do outline that we serve breakfast until 9am Mon - Fri and 9.15 on a weekend, and i always ask people to give me a time, so that i ensure i serve a piping hot, fresh breakfast is served. When guests run very late, that becomes difficult. Hope that it wont prevent him returning when next in the area working on his campervan.