1) Location was great for us as we were sailing at the nearby harbour. It's also good for walking onto the marshes. The main road is right outside which isn't scenic but the noise was not a problem. Two good pubs nearby plus good fishmongers & general store.
2) Appearance was good. The cottage had been modernised really nicely. The stairs are STEEP with a carpet that has worn a little and so become slippy on the last few steps esp if you have bare feet. This is a risk of falling for people who are not steady on their feet inc smaller kids.
3) Bedrooms were comfortable.
4) Garden - paving + gravel. This is a bit scruffy and overlooked with no views but OK for sitting out in
5) Kitchen - well equipped with big fridge and nice cooker
6) Bathrooms - nice with good showers
7) Living room: Generally OK with nice dining table but with two problems.
One was the TV was too small with a clunky tuning system. This shouldn't matter in summer but might if you were there in winter.
The other is that the undersides of the sofa and chairs appear not to have been moved or hoovered to remove dust etc. This mattered because the house appears to have had people staying with dogs. My kids and I are a bit allergic to animal hair and there was lots of this under and on the furniture so we got allergic reactions when we sat down.
This would not matter so much to people without allergies or to people with pets of their own! But the furniture and floor beneath do all need a good vacuuming. Other parts of the house were clean and tidy.
This cottage is perfect, such a cosy place. Perfect location, less than 5 minutes walk to the white horse pub, which serves lovely food.
A visit to the crab hut is a must.
Drive into wells and go to whin hill cider, lovely place to sit and unwind with a cider.
We really feel at home in this little cottage, and would definitely come back.