“A place with character”
other travellers have booked this property
Front of House Front Room 1
Back Garden
Summer Roses
Sofa and Bolster
Reading Chair
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

buiokkfe6...
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“A place with character”
Reviewed 29 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

A garden full of hollyhocks with a Co-op round the corner. A most enjoyable and quirky cottage. We were made to feel welcome by the milk and variety of teas provided and appreciated the interior decorations, taking us back many years. The stairs are steep but manageable, even for older people like ourselves. The fold-out table can only seat two people. Cooking facilities are plentiful.
We experienced a blocked kitchen sink. The owner says she will fix this.

31 Jul 2017
Thank you for being such a communicative and appreciative guest. I'm glad you enjoyed the cottage and the garden, and thanks to your advice about the bicarbonate of soda and vinegar mix and with the help of a new plunger, the sink is draining properly again.
Lesley S
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
“Reliving the past with added modern touches but not for the faint hearted!!!”
Reviewed 5 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Vintage cottage in Snettisham. I knew it would be "old" as the hint is in the title. I wanted a quiet out of the way short break and I got it. I fully read all of the information so I pretty much knew what I was in for......except it was so beautiful. Yes it was old, yes the stairs are certainly NOT for the infirm or children and pets. I am 60 this year and had no trouble using the cottage, the old feeling along with the ability to cook with proper cooker and microwave were absolutely great. Old and modern came together to give you an experience you won't forget in a hurry. My daughter and I went together and had a laugh at bathing behind a pull over door and the curtain between the bedrooms. We really had a fab time. No tv and wifi meant we had to talk and lift our heads from our laps. I did some knitting and my daughter nosed through the many hundreds of books. The garden is just what my old mum would have loved, cottage style, full of flowers and not perfectly manicured - fantastic. The best thing for me was the fact that I had to slow down and take care on the stairs and with the small kitchen area,(we still managed a perfectly good cooked breakfast and evening meal) I spend too much time chasing my tail and this was a perfect opportunity to actually relax. If you want all today's mod cons and connections then this is not for you but if you want to go back in time I fully recommend this gorgeous cottage. Kirsty could not have been more helpful and is on hand if you need her, we didn't, but when we contacted her to say we had left she replied with in minutes.If I wasn't moving to Norfolk it would b my holiday retreat.

Your age range 50-64
5 Jun 2017
Thank you very much for your review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay in Snettisham.
Sunshine6...
“Never again”
Reviewed 21 January 2017 for a stay in June 2016

We stayed for supposedly 2 nights, a present from my brother. We stayed about 2 hours. The stairs were so steep they were dangerous, my poor dog fell down them twice. There is nowhere to cook as the cooker is in an area so closed in it is difficult if not dangerous to use. The enclosed garden, well it's not attached to the property, but you have to go through a communal area to get to it. Not much good if you have your canine friend with you. Finally the lighting is really poor, so if you want to read bring a torch!!!

In fairness to the owner, she did all she could to get us a refund. But then the place is very badly advertised.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
27 Jan 2017
In response to the review received for the visit seven months ago (for which a full refund was issued), I would like to point out that the property description clearly states that the stairs are steep and narrow. The kitchen is small, as you would expect in a little country cottage, but it is perfectly adequate for the preparation and cooking of food. I use it regularly and no other guest has ever said it is impossible to cook in. It is certainly not dangerous. Similarly, I cannot agree with the assertion that the lighting in the cottage is too dim for reading. In addition to the wall and ceiling lights, several additional standard, Anglepoise and beside lamps have been specifically positioned to provide bright light for reading. The gates at the top and the bottom of the garden should be kept shut to ensure that dogs are secure and the small shared path which runs behind the row of cottages should not present a problem if guests take sensible measures to prevent their dogs straying into neighbours' gardens or running off along the path. As a dog owner, I welcome dogs but I expect them to be house-trained. Unfortunately, the dog to which this review refers did not appear to be house-trained and caused a considerable amount of mess during the short time it was in the cottage. I am sorry that the visit was not a success but I would have expected the reviewer, who was sent additional information about the cottage before her visit, to have had more realistic expectations about the facilities available in a small, vintage-style country cottage.
gkidney
Streatley, United Kingdom
“A step back in time”
Reviewed 4 January 2017 for a stay in October 2016

If you can completely buy into the old fashioned way of life, this is brilliant. Having no television or wifi was wonderful. we played the radio, read and talked! But you must be prepared to embrace a completely different holiday.

Nunnskie
“Vintage retreat”
Reviewed 2 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

Absolutely beautiful little cottage, we spent New Years Eve here sitting by the open fire and playing board games. Very cosy!

Love the vintage feel to the cottage!
One of our favourite weekends away.
Thankyou

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing