“A great short break getaway”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of The Bolthole

Baywatch!
Holme
Thornham
guest review
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
SharonCol...
Stafford, United Kingdom
“A great short break getaway”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014

This is a beautifully decorated cottage in a nice quite location. It is ideally situated for visiting many of the counties attractions, not least of which are the gorgeous beaches - we did 6 in less than 3 days! All seem to be dog friendly as are the majority of pubs in the area and there are some excellent ones to choose from within easy reach of the cottage. Overall this is lovely place to stay for a couple and their dog; our springer spaniel was very comfortable and had a great time on his first ever visit to the coast.
The only downsides to our particular stay was the lack of parking directly outside the accommodation and although we could park nearby this was a bit inconvenient with arriving and departing as we had to trudge to and fro with bags, dog cage etc. The other problem was a broken boiler which meant we had no heating or hot water throughout our stay. We contacted the owner and she responded straight away with the number of a plumber who we called and who came that day and seemed to fix it but it went again and although he came back the following day he could not repair it. We managed by boiling the kettle for washes but 3 days without a shower when you are out all day on sandy, windy beaches was a bit uncomfortable. However, this was unfortunate and should not put anyone off staying here as I'm sure it will soon be sorted out and this is a super little place and we had a fantastic break. The weather was really good, the walks great, scenery amazing and a comfy, we'll equipped
base to enjoy it all from - thank you.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The decor and location of the property
Liked least: Lack of designated parking
Friends getaway People with pets
Management Response
25 Apr 2014
Thank you for your kind comments about my cottage and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. It was indeed awful that the boiler, which is only a year old, chose to take it's own Easter holiday! It is now fixed, and hopefully we'll have no further problems. My plumber tried his best and as you said, got it working, but when it failed again, it was impossible to get a part straight away due to the Easter break. I am also sorry to hear that you had trouble parking outside the cottage. This doesn't normally happen. Next door, to the left, is also a holiday cottage, and it appears that we have inconsiderate people staying there at the moment. I ask my guests to park with care and respect their neighbours. Normally there's no issue. However,parking is always available in the Old Coal Yard which is more or less directly opposite.I will speak to the owner of the cottage next door and ask that he, in his notes to guests,requests that they too are considerate with parking.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Bury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the whole cottage
Liked least: nothing
People with pets
GBlover17
Stalybridge, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 2 November 2013 for a stay in October 2013
person found this review helpful

A lovely village & county, know the area very well. Disappointed as expected a wow factor after reviews plus being more expensive than 2 bedroom lets in same row of houses. It is clean & quirky with some fabulous coordination of style & colour throughout. The bed is really comfortable but sadly the lounge furniture isn't. Feel some cosiness lost.

Liked best: The bed
Liked least: The seating
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Friends getaway
Management Response
11 Nov 2013
Hi there!
Am so sorry you felt disappointed with your stay. Obviously that's not what I like to hear! I am priced well for what I offer. Guests get a well appointed cottage and don't have to buy everything from scratch. It is of course always possible to get cheaper but if nothing is left for you, the costs soon mount up. And I really do take care on details, decor etc, as I think you mentioned. Glad you liked the v comfy bed. I have never claimed to be 'five star' accommodation. My guests have chosen to rate that as their overall experience. I will of course take your comments on board and look for any feasible way I can improve, as always. Thank you for your feedback.
26travell...
Leicestershire
“Beautiful and relaxing”
Reviewed 11 October 2013 for a stay in October 2013

My husband and I stayed with our two Bernese mountain dogs for a couple of days at the beginning of October. The owner was very accommodating as we only wanted to rent the cottage for three nights. Communication prior to arrival was great and any questions I had were answered. The cottage was extremely well thought out with everything you needed included. It was immaculately clean ( slightly worried whether it would look that good after my two dogs had padded muddy paw prints everywhere!). The information provided by the owner was very helpful. We used it as a base to do lots of beach walking, there are plenty of beaches all within about twenty minutes driving of the cottage. We would definitely use the cottage again as we had such a lovely time.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The attention to detail in the cottage
Liked least: Nothing
People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing