“Lovely lunch!”

Ranked #4 of 22 Restaurants in Melbourne
Price range: USD 6 - USD 19
Cuisines: Cafe, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: We are a small, licensed, coffee shop in the picturesque town of Melbourne, home to Melbourne Hall and Gardens, only five minutes' drive from Calke Abbey and Staunton Harold.As well as great coffee and a selection of homemade cakes baked daily on site, Jack's offers a simple but mouthwatering lunchtime menu including salads, tarts and quiches, sandwiches, paninis and oven-baked jacket potatoes, all freshly prepared.We also offer a delicious selection of items to take away.Jack's is available for private functions. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Reviewed 1 December 2017

We were looking for somewhere to eat after a rather muddy walk around the fields near Melbourne and came across Jacks. So glad we did - the food and service was brilliant. I had sweet potato and coconut soup and a chicken and sandwich. Both excellent. Husband had posh pate- also very good. With two pots of tea bill was £17 - excellent value - wish I lived nearer!

Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

Had a great decaf coffee and a home made mince pie with my wife yesterday
Friendly staff and great location will certainly come here again

Reviewed 20 November 2017

I visit this place enough times to say that its good, and it's consistent - Both words of which are difficult to find anywhere and seldom get used in the same sentence when describing a cafe. If you get the chance - try it. But find out when Mothers meet there with their children as it isn't very big (although there is now outside seating) and pushchairs can take a lot of room.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 16 November 2017

I went for lunch with my daughter and grandchildren, we managed to find a table in the corner away from the loud noise coming from the main area. I noticed that families didn't seems to move on very quickly and stayed way longer after finishing their food mainly colouring. It seems some families were there for the afternoon. Quite annoying for people waiting to get a table. The service and food was excellent, but we wouldn't visit again unless we could get an outside table as it was very noisy.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Nice and clean, with really efficient service. I had a bacon and asparagus quiche with salad and my friend had pikelet with goats cheese, honey and walnuts...both were delicious. I had cappuccino, and my friend had tea...the bill came to £17.00. Good value and well presented.