All reviews east midlands airport evening meal iron and ironing board groupon deal download festival car park would stay again an early flight stayed one night breakfast was buffet style self service following morning national holidays beans excellent value for money close to the airport good nights sleep
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

We were travelling from East Midlands Airport in the early hours and so decided to stay in a hotel not far from the airport. To be honest because of the Download Festival our usual first call hotels were in short supply. Anyway we were delighted with this hotel, all the staff that we met were lovely and Danni in the restaurant was a delight.
I am not sure if we were upgraded but our room was very well equipped and absolutely excellent. The bar and restaurant staff were very welcoming and did their jobs to a high standard. The early morning call and taxi transfer all worked well. We will definitely contact this hotel again when we next use East Midlands Airport.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
The Management T, Public Relations Manager at Kegworth Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Hi,
We're really glad you enjoyed your stay. I'll make sure this review is celebrated with Danii. Hope you had a good holiday and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Thanks

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

The staff were friendly especially the chap behind the bar!
The room was ok, very basic and lacking in plug sockets with non near the bed to charge phones. Our room faced the A6 and we slept with our window open due to the heat, the traffic noise didn’t bother us or keep us up once so that was good. Our bed wasn’t very comfortable and seemed to dip down at the head but didn’t cause a problem big enough for me to complain about. A pet hate is shower curtains however this one seemed new. The hairdryer was very small and secured to the inside of the drawer, not powerful enough to dry thick hair like mine. All in all it was pleasant enough and spacious enough.
Walking into reception the carpet has seen better days with tape laid out to temporarily fix.
The pool facilities were closed due to refurbishment however disappointing that we weren’t made aware of this upon booking the room. - not the end of the world.
We had dinner in the bar as the lovely guy warned us it was hot in the restaurant and I am 11 weeks from having a baby, that’s the last thing I need so very grateful for his advice. I had the lasagne (special for Saturday night) and my husband had steak... my lasagne was nice!! Proper good pub grub type of food, but the waiter didn’t offer any sauces so we had to find that out for ourselves. My husband wasn’t given a steak knife either and the plates were on the small side. Def not a la Cart dining but lovely all the same. A shame I can’t say the same about breakfast... in a completely different room not the restaurant! The tables were set out big round 8 seat tables and for a couple, I’m glad it wasn’t busy as I wouldn’t want to sit next to strangers. There was no atmosphere, no music, no vibe... it was dead!! It wasn’t until 9:15 either which was really late, we found ourselves sat waiting! There was no welcome from the staff at breakfast as they were too busy setting it up and it wasn’t completely ready until gone 9:20. the scrambled eggs were awful, no variations of eggs, no hash browns! The continental options were fruit and cereal. Again small plates.
The floor in the corridors on 2nd floor creaked so badly as your walking to your room.
All in all, it’s definitely had it’s best days been and gone! But it’s completely ok and standard. I would most definitely NOT host my wedding there which they are advertising. I’d more than likely try finding another hotel if I had to stay in that area before choosing to stay again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
The Management T, Public Relations Manager at Kegworth Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Thank you for your response. We are currently refreshing the hotel which should address the majority of the issues raised in your review. Furthermore, any other issues you mentioned will be spoken about and dealt with, where applicable, as soon as possible.

Reviewed 25 May 2018

On the positive side it's cheap.
On the negative side it is now tired, scruffy and needs some money spending on it. The tap sprayed water everywhere and the television didn't work.
The restaurant was a seriously surreal / weird setting that was only made bearable just us dining with another couple. The food was only just passable.

Room Tip: Do not get a room facing the A6 as you you will never sleep.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
The Management T, Guest Relations Manager at Kegworth Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Thank you for your feedback. I apologise however, we are undergoing a refresh of the hotel through decorating ect. Hopefully, this will address your concerns.
Thanks,
Adam Moore

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Spent a night in an “Executive” room, to be fair mine was fine. However my colleague had several worrying brown stains on her sheets, no TV remote and the young receptionist was wholly unskilled at assisting with complaints. The roof blinds in the dining room were terribly stained and flies or whatever shadowed behind them. Bit of a bun fight at breakfast time, food not hot.
Generally the conference facilities were very adequate and buffet at lunch reasonable.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

we came here when visiting derby for a festival. on arrival the staff were really friendly & helpful, happy to help. the rooms themselves were very spacious & clean & so peaceful. beds were comfy. all you can eat breakfast was only £6.50 which we thought was a brilliant price! the only reason i wouldnt give a 5 star is because there was only 2 plug sockets, which isnt enough for a family room & the bedroom itself was soooo hot. like unbearably hot, we had a small fan but it wouldnt cool the room for how big it was. we would happily stay again though!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
The Management T, Manager at Kegworth Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Dear guest

Thaks for your feedback

We are looking into the plugs in rooms and hopefully will get this fixed soon

We look forward to seein you again soon