“Delicious home made cakes”
Review of Cintra's Tea Rooms

Cintra's Tea Rooms
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Hathersage
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Cintra's is a licensed cafe situated in the popular Peak District of Hathersage. Seating for up to 44 inside but with the added surprise of the large, beautiful, secluded, dog friendly tea garden at the rear of the cafe. Cintra's offers a varied menu to suit all tastes, with the emphasis being on our homemade traditional dishes for example steak pie, shepherds pie, vegetarian quiches. We have a varied "Specials" board with something to suit all tastes. In addition we offer a traditional Afternoon Tea which includes our delicious homemade cakes and scones. We also offer breakfasts which include a vegetarian option. Cintra’s does operate reduced opening hours from November to March. Please check our website of Facebook pages for up to date opening times.
Reviewed 26 August 2017

We were in need of refreshment at the time so we're called in with our two dogs. Passing through the building to the garden outback we could not help notice the great looking homemade cakes saying eat me. Both cake slices we chose were tastie. The dogs were not forgotten as the owner had a supply of treats to give them.

Julie B, Owner at Cintra's Tea Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Thankyou for taking time to review Cintra's. I'm pleased you enjoyed our homemade cakes which are always very popular and hope you will visit again soon to try some more.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Second visit to Cintra's and we weren't disappointed, curb appeal not earth shattering. However the service, food and ambience is excellent.

Julie B, Owner at Cintra's Tea Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Thankyou for your review. I am pleased you returned for a second visit and you enjoyed the whole experience once again. I will share your comments with all the staff, thanks again.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped here for a cooked breakfast before a good walk.

We received a nice welcome from the ladies at the till. We picked a table in the back garden however there was also seating out the front which seemed popular with the cyclists and more seating up stairs.

The menus were on the table and within a few minutes the staff were over to check if you were ok, wanted any drinks or ready to order. We ordered and within 5-10 minutes our food turned up. In between waiting our drinks turned up and after a few minutes of our food being served the staff were back out to check if we were ok.

The food and drink were nice and a good size. The freshly baked cakes looked amazing and the lady next to us had the afternoon tea with scones which also looked good.

Pleasant visit with reasonably priced food and drink, worth a visit if you're in the area.

Julie B, Owner at Cintra's Tea Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Thankyou for your review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit and I've passed you comments on to all the staff. I do hope you manage to visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

We stopped at Cintra's for breakfast before a big walk, so we're after something hearty. We certainly found it! The food was very tasty and was a good portion size. The vegetarian sausages were probably the best I've had in a cafe; delicious.

We ate in the garden so I'm not sure what the upstairs was like, which seemed to be the main seating area. I'd have given 5 stars had the decor been given more attention as it seemed the place needed a little TLC.

We were sad that it wasn't quite time for cake and would definitely like to come back for some one day. They looked very tasty.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Our vegetarian sausages are indeed very popular so I'm glad you enjoyed them. Hope to see you again so can sample our homemade cakes.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

We visited Cintra's a number of times during our stay in Hathersage as we were staying at the lovely cottage owned by the proprietors. The vegetarian breakfast is delicious, so is the selection of cakes, especially the raspberry and almond sponge which was to die for. The scones are also amazing, I've definitely put on a few pounds this week!!! As always the service was excellent, thank you.

This year we stayed in the cottage which is about a two minute walk from Cintra's. The cottage is lovely, spotlessly clean and very cosy. I was really impressed that there was wifi and a modern TV. There is also a washing machine which came in very handy as I have a son who never stays clean!! We'll definitely be booking next year, thanks so much Julie and Gary.

Julie B, Owner at Cintra's Tea Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2017

Thank you so much for your lovely review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your time in Hathersage and enjoyed time in the cottage and the cafe. Hope to see you again soon.