Travelodge Glossop(Glossop)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
USD 44
Travelodge
    Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 50/night.

Hotels.com
    The Woodlands(Glossop)
    Windy Harbour(Glossop)
    • Breakfast included
    All reviewsthe puboverlooking the churcholdest pubcask alespicturesque villageyour platequiz nightexcellent showerjerk chickenindian foodlocal parkgroupon deallots of characterparking closegreat location for walkerspre orderroaring fire
    Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed over with an online deal on the 4th and 5th of April. Car parking is free and just across the road from the pub. Welcome was warm and inviting. Room was very tastefully decorated and to an excellent standard with en suite. Beds were unexpectedly twin but wasn't a problem for us. Breakfast was included and was very nice. Food at the Bulls Head is fantastic and there are many local pubs and restaurants in walking distance too. Would recommend a stay at the Bulls Head and would definitely stay here again. Lovely people.

Mark and Emma.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed good Friday with our whippet, were welcomed on arrival by two lovely ladies, so helpful, had a nice walk on a trail up on to the hills which started very close to the pub. Had a meal in the evening in front of the roaring log fire, David is a great landlord, very friendly and funny and his food is fab! Stayed in a lovely room overlooking the church, nice and cosy. Had a good breakfast again cooked by David. In all a great stay, the dog loved it too and we would definitely stay again, thanks!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 28 March 2018

Our visit started on a low note when a local on the bus going to the hotel said "Your not staying at the Bulls Head are you.! " "no one goes there anymore"

When we arrived bar was empty with just the owner sat with his laptop in the bar. We introduced ourselves but there seemed to be some confusion regarding our booking and we were made to feel it was our fault. After checking his laptop and making a phone call he agreed we indeed did have a booking.

The whole facility is very shabby especially the downstairs and stair case which looked worn and dirty. When we got to the room it looked comfortable and clean but again looked tired with an extremely old and soft bed. The view from the window was a flat roof enclosed by walls.
    The room reminded me of my grandmother's house when I was a child, but at least there was an on suit and water not a hand pump (I'm now 68)

We thought about eating at the guest house but the restaurant menu was extremely limited so we ate at the pub next door which was excellent.

In the morning the room was extremely cold but the shower was hot even though the shower hight adjustment was bodged with a cable clip, but it did work.

Breakfast was of a good quality if not fairly small by normal standards.

Stayed: March 2018
    Reviewed 28 March 2018

Nestled next to an historic church in a quiet backwater of Old Glossop the pub has all the charm and character you could want from a stay of any length.

I was warmly welcomed by David the landlord when I arrived and he insisted on making sure I had breakfast the next day even though I was leaving before service was due to start.

The room was modern and tastefully decorated with a lovely church view. Had everything you might need. I ate supper in the pub and the Jerk chicken was spot on. Beer good too.

Location wise, even though I was on a work trip I managed a walk up on to the moors and was up on top of the moor in no time and enjoying cracking views. Enjoyed exploring Glossop too.

Overall I can't recommend this place enough. 5 Stars for food, atmosphere, cracking accommodation and top notch grub. Thanks David, I'll be back!

Room Tip: Street view room is ace.
    • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
    Reviewed 27 March 2018

Lovely stay at this quaint little place. The room was lovely, spacious modern feel & everything in there that you would need. Landlord David was very friendly & helpful as well as being a good cook! We ate in the pub on both nights of the stay & the food was lovely & reasonably priced. Breakfast was delicious & served in a lovely little breakfast room on the first floor overlooking the Church.

Room Tip: Room 1 was lovely
    • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple