“Best Yorkshire pudding with onion gravy ever !”

The Yorkshire Bridge Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Bamford
Price range: USD 6 - USD 24
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 20 September 2015

We have been going here for ten years off and on , we nearly allways have the giant Yorkshire with onion Gravy as a starter and it never disappoints especially followed by the steak and kidney pie, not your puff pastry but good old top and bottom short crust kind.

The staff are always attentive and nice to the kids and a smile for the parents too some are very chatty as they bring out the great food but after ten years same guy takes our order and never remembers us not even a smile or recognition, it's like your not part of the village until you have been in it for fifty years, apart from that would recommend highly and you can walk afterwards around the best country side around.

1  Thank John M

Reviewed 10 September 2015

The foods OK, if a little expensive for what it is, but the place lacks any atmosphere at all.
Not helped by staff who are more interested in a good gossip with each other than serving the customers.

Reviewed 5 September 2015 via mobile

Was a bit disappointed with this visit. They must have been busy as it was a Bank holiday but even so one of the bar staff was surly, did not smile or say thank you. Food was average and we felt like we were an inconvenience to his day. Sunday roast was only beef was told they did not have time to offer more choice of roasts?.

1  Thank James M
Reviewed 1 September 2015 via mobile

WOW! What can I say.
I rarely submit a bad review (see my previous) but this has to be done.
On entering the YB we were eventually acknowledged and served. The barman said not one word other than the price at the end.
We then sat to have a dink and a look at the menu. We ordered our food and it arrived. The food was simple and tasty and was in rational with the price.
The waitresses were the same as the bar staff.
It was a very dissapointing service from start to finish the only good thing was the food and the history of the place. I have never been in a pub - restaurant that lacks any kind of atmosphere.
I used to visit here a lot over previous years and it's been a while since I last did.
I certainly will not be returning anytime soon.
Such a shame.

3  Thank LisaMayLord
Reviewed 31 August 2015 via mobile

I've never met a bar man as rude as the one that served us today. He never spoke to me, just nodded and waited for my response when ordering. Never said an entire word and made me feel really upset after a great day in the peaks.

Seriously if you don't like your job, then maybe think about a career change.

4  Thank crissyrobs