“Ideal house and location...we will return!”
other travellers have booked this property
North Bank luxury bungalow with Hot tub. Spacious for large families and groups
Decking area with dining table and chairs Decking area with hot tub, dining table and chairs and gas BBQ
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
North Bank luxury bungalow with Hot tub. Spacious for large families and groups
Decking area with dining table and chairs
Decking area with hot tub, dining table and chairs and gas BBQ
Large Kitchen with Island
Large Kitchen with range cooker and american fridge freezer with ice and water dispenser
Large well equipped kitchen
Lounge with Log Burner very spacious with plenty of seating. Large sofa bed with sprung mattress
Spacious Lounge with sofa bed
bedroom 3 with king size bed and oak bedroom furniture
bedroom 3 with King size bed
bedroom 4 with double bed and full size single bunk beds
bedroom 4 sleeps 4 with pine bedroom furniture
Bathroom with large bath and shower
Large walk in shower with toilet and vanity unit
long corridor with all rooms leading from it
Luxury Hot Tub
Large Secure  Garden with loungers
View from Lounge font bedrooms  and Living Rooms
utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer , ironing board and iron
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
AlexIJ198...
Morpeth, United Kingdom
“Ideal house and location...we will return!”
Reviewed 9 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

I booked North Bank cottage for a friends 30th birthday and it was ideal! The requests I got from my group of friends were; Near the Lakes, Hot-tub and big enough for 9-10 people. With a large group it is sometimes difficult to keep everyone in the same place but North Bank was more than suitable. The house is lovely and very very spacious! The hot-tub was spot on for me (although some of the girls had a reaction to the amount of chlorine which had been added). The location was great, just 8 miles from Ullswater and about 30mins from Keswick! Eamont Bridge was a lovely little village with two local pubs, we ate in the Bee Hive which was very nice! The Crown we only went in for a few drinks and to play pool but the staff were very friendly and accommodating. The owner of the cottage Alison was very friendly and let us get on with our holiday but offered her assistance if required, which was nice. If I was to be very picky, the only thing I could complain about would be the water bed in my bedroom which wasn't the most comfortable but apart from that the whole experience was flawless and we had a great time!

If we are planning another trip in the future we will definitely be ringing Alison to book in at North Bank cottage!

Thank you!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location, size and hot-tub
Liked least: Water bed
Travelling group: Large Group
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Carol P
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“What to keep this place a secret”
Reviewed 19 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014
person found this review helpful

This is the second time we have stayed in North Bank and would recommend this place to anyone. It is in a great location within walking distance to local pubs and Penrith. Joyce gave us tips on where to go locally and found a great walk without having to use the car. The rooms are so spacious and found the beds very comfortable. The hot tub was fab and even used the double jacuzzi bath which again is a bonus.We will be back , thank you Alison and Joyce for letting us stay in such a special place.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The homely feel in such a large property
Liked least: Having to go home
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
DanKenyon...
“A brilliant bungalow”
Reviewed 9 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014
person found this review helpful

I went to North Bank with 8 of my friends for my birthday and it was amazing. The house is beautiful, it's massive. The main living room is so comfy and the kitchen is great for making large meals, we made chicken fajitas together. Alison was extremely helpful, offering to help get us all the train station in time was really nice of her. Anything I asked her about, she replied to quickly with her suggestions. Unfortunately, we were unable to get either bikes or taxis for 9 of us which made getting to the Lakes a pain because a few of us didn't want to walk. There was no downside to North Bank or Alison, I'd say the waterbed isn't great (because I don't like them) but luckily I had a couple of mates that were obsessed with sleeping in a waterbed. Overall, it was a great little holiday in a wonderful place.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Louise S
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“A fantastic place to kick back and unwind in lovely surroundings”
Reviewed 1 March 2014 for a stay in January 2014
person found this review helpful

We had a fabulous holiday experience at North Bank. With close links to the motorway it was ideally located to meet up with family who had flown in for the festive season. The rooms were bright and airy and the owner who lives nearby ensured that we had everything we needed for a comfortable stay. Nothing was too much trouble.

I would highly recommend this holiday let, with it being in close proximity to the fells, Keswick and surrounding areas there are plenty of things to do and I will definitely be revisiting in the summer months.

Thank you for a wonderful stay.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Capt_Barb...
Ardrossan, United Kingdom
“Very Disappointing”
Reviewed 25 February 2014 for a stay in September 2013
person found this review helpful

North Bank is a large bungalow which you enter from the rear of the property. It has a large private garden with decking area and hot tub. It is situated close to a busy motorway and the road noise is intrusive all day and night. On the plus side being so close to the motorway it means you can tour the area quite easily.
You enter via the kitchen and after a quick look round the property I thought wow I have just paid eight hundred pounds for a week’s holiday in something very ordinary. Let me explain. The large kitchen looks into the large back garden and is reasonably well equipped. The down side in this room is one cooker control knob kept falling off, the ice maker in the fridge door did not work and one of the kitchen chair covers was torn.
I had the misfortune to sleep in the bedroom with the water bed. It has got to be the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept in. The bedroom with the bunk beds had a lamp taped to the side of the bed which is not good. The other two bedrooms were okay though the common theme was the bed linen is old and worn and should be replaced.
The first bathroom is spacious and clean but unfortunately the shower head kept falling down making it difficult to shower.
In the second bathroom the temperature control in the shower was erratic meaning the shower would go hot and cold.
The lounge and living rooms are both very spacious but they are dark and unwelcoming. The furniture and carpets throughout the house are shabby and old. The television and DVD players are connected by SCART leads which shows how old the audio visual equipment is. I personally like old houses but this one desperately needs upgrading and in my opinion it is too worn and shabby and has too many faults to be rated four stars.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Its just old and shabby.
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
28 Feb 2014
I am very sorry to read your review of North Bank We pride ourselves on providing a top class accommodation and North Bank has been rewarded with the 4 star gold award by Enjoy Britain. We do provide a visitors and comments book for guests to provide feed back for me and this is full of excellent feedback for the bungalow. should you have informed me of any problems during your stay I would have had them rectified promptly.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing