“Awful food”
Review of Hammer & Pincers

Hammer & Pincers
Ranked #65 of 144 Restaurants in Widnes
Price range: USD 6 - USD 55
Description: Relaxed atmosphere, with cozy booths, real fire, pool table & darts board, duke box.
Reviewed 10 August 2019 via mobile

We went in today for tea with our two young children, my daughter ordered a lasagna and I had to send it back since it was dry and burnt due to being microwaved excessively! The other meals where edible at least but I quite difficult to get an all day breakfast seriously wrong! The staff where young but friendly and apologetic and offered to provide a new meal but at this stage the pub was getting very full and rowdy so we decided to leave with our meals half eaten!
I have eaten here a few times in the past and it’s always been really pleasant but today it was evident that no thought or care had gone into making the food and it was basically just a case of throwing anything on the plate to get it out of the kitchen!
We won’t be eating here again unfortunately!

Date of visit: August 2019
9  Thank janemR6024XX
Write a reviewReviews (52)

Reviewed 1 June 2019 via mobile

Home from home, the welcome was as warm as the chilli was hot. 10 out of 10.
I think I may well go again.

3  Thank gerard1234
Reviewed 26 May 2019 via mobile

I can honestly say this was the worse food I’ve ever had, the medium rare steak was well done and dry and the fish was totally inedible, dry and over cooked!!! Same as the chicken on the roast dinner totally inedible dry like rubber and over cooked,

The amount of food being sent back was terrible. Out of seven meals on our table 6 were left,

The managers attitude is as awful as the food, refusing refunds for food you couldn’t eat. I doubt you would eat the food you cooked today!!!

The carpets are filthy and the ladies toilets are disgusting!!!

7  Thank WalkerDavies
Reviewed 12 May 2019 via mobile

Great pub, nice outside seating area and plenty of TVs

The food there is a different story.
4 of our group ordered ribs from the specials board. They were awful, very little meat on and what was there was chewy and inedible.

Reviewed 3 April 2019 via mobile

We decided to drop in to watch the football one midweek night and grab a bite to eat never eaten here before so decided to give it a try a lot of mixed reviews about it but we like to make up our own minds I ordered the mixed grill and my better half ordered the steak n jacket potato my mixed grill was fantastic I had to admit defeat couldn’t finish it and the jacket potato with steak was to die for a real unexpected pleasure after reading some of the reviews on here just goes to show always try it yourself I for one will definitely be going back

Date of visit: March 2019
Hammer1640, Owner at Hammer & Pincers, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2019

Hi, thank you for your review.
It’s great when people have a good experience and share it.
Please do come again, always a pleasure.