My husband and I attended a family wedding here and we were impressed from the moment we drove the sweeping road that leads to the impressive entrance to the castle. It definitely has the wow factor and offers the perfect location for a wedding. The backdrop for the photo's is wonderful and there is a chapel in the grounds too. We thought the staff were friendly and nothing was too much trouble. I thought our room was quite small and wished that we'd asked for an upgrade, but the room was clean, the bed comfortable and was fine for just one night and somewhere to lay our head. The breakfast was buffet style and offered a fabulous selection of food - full English, a selection of pastries, fruit, yoghurt and a selection of chilled juices. Overall, the castle is steeped in history and the interior is suitably decorated and furnished. If you are one for wildlife then you will love the birds of prey that sit on their perch watching the world go by. A fantastic stay in gorgeous surroundings and we hope to return in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Peckforton Castle - An enchanting Hotel in the heart of Cheshire. Rising majestically above the Cheshire landscape, the castle is both enigmatic and enchanting. Originally the home of Lord Tollemache and built in the early 19th Century, this Grade I listed building is the only intact medieval style Castle in the country. Over the years the castle has been the location for numerous movies including Robin Hood and Dr Who. Now owned by the Naylor family, the stunning exterior has been complemented by a loving and considered restoration programme resulting in a magnificent hotel and venue offering contemporary luxury and impeccable service. Services include 48 stunning individual guest rooms, conference, events, and wedding facilities for up to 180. Tranquility beauty, on site Falconry and team activities all adding up to a rather magical experience. Dining at the Castle truly is a special occasion, welcoming the public as well as hotel guests. The 1851 Restaurant offers a dining experience fit for royalty. Holder of 3 AA Rosettes and a Taste Cheshire Award. Alternatively the more informal and cosmopolitan 2010 Brasserie, located in the former scullery of the castle, features many of the amazing features of the original scullery including two cast iron cooking ranges dating back to the 1840's. Peckforton Castle's enchanting medieval style beauty and stunning location make it a truly impressive and desirable venue for weddings, christenings, birthday parties, or just about anything that's worth celebrating. Everything plays a part; the fabulous setting, stunning location, the attentive service and smiling faces, the bespoke menus and decorations. A magnificent venue for conferencing and meetings. Within the medieval walls, old and new combine seamlessly to offer state of the art multi media and conference facilities. Captivating on arrival, Peckforton Castle's unspoilt, natural beauty will stimulate and motivate, delight the eye, inspire the mind, tantalise the taste buds and leave you enchanted. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au and TripOnline SA so you can book your Peckforton Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peckforton Castle Hotel Tarporley
- Peckforton Castle Tarporley, UK - Cheshire