“Sunday lunch”

Ranked #45 of 121 Restaurants in Northwich
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

Went for Sunday lunch yesterday it was absolutely amazing. All home made and loads of it. Very friendly staff and came to us with each course to check if everything was okay. Originally wanted 3 courses only £13 but couldn't manage a sweet because the starter and main course were enough strongly recommend

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

My family and I came to the Antrobus arms a few times this week to eat with various relatives over the festive season.

I feel that I must outline everything that happened on each visit.

Boxing day was really very busy but the bar staff were great (well the ones who didn't stand talking behind the bar...even saw one crying). I noted at this point that 1 of them seemed to be working more than the others. The waiting staff were pleasant, but not very well trained.

The pub itself is very dirty. Carpets are soiled, cob webs everywhere. Toilets not cleaned etc. I dread to think what the kitchen looks like.

Food was ok. Not good, not bad but ok.
Good portion sizes.

1  Thank Tulburej
Reviewed 30 March 2017

We had dined here a few years ago and it was terrible but we decided to give it another shot in the hope that it would be better; it was, marginally. Garlic mushroom starter was more like garlic butter soup with mushrooms which was not to my taste but may suit some people who like lots of thin sauce, rather than mushrooms complimented by a nice thick creamy sauce. I ordered the seafood linguine and couldn't taste the seafood for the cheesy sauce that it was coated in. I just wish that chefs who decide to take on an Italian dish know how to cook it properly. I like to wait a little between courses but our mains came out within 5 minutes of finishing the starters, which I don't consider good service; too rushed.

It was ok for basic pub grub but definitely nothing special. I would probably will return in another couple of years to see if there is any further improvement. On a positive note, the staff were friendly and there was a good atmosphere.

Reviewed 30 March 2017

I have lived within 5 miles of the Antrobus Arms for 19 years and passed by it's door on numerous occasions travelling from Northwich into Warrington or down the M56 and have never had an inkling to call in-until last week.The exterior of the pub is nothing special [not an eye catcher] although it is located on a site of beautiful Cheshire countryside.On entering the premises you are met with the feeling that you are returning to an era when pubs were drinking houses and if you were lucky you may get a bag of crisps to go with your pint.The furniture is a mish mash of tables and chairs,the carpet in places well trodden and the bar reminescent of a pub 40 years ago adorned with hand pull pumps and good real ale. In fact the only thing that brings it up to date are the obligatory chrome electric pumps for today's discerning Lager and Cider drinkers.These sorts of pubs are becoming increasingly hard to find.One of today's modern Gastropubs this certainly isn't. I called in today for a second visit. On both occasions I was welcomed with warmth and sincerity by the young lady behind the bar who served me with an excellent glass of wine and gave me a menu to peruse.On last weeks visit I chose the steak and ale pie which was obviously home made[a large wedge off a plated pie] and delicious. Today I decided to try the liver and bacon with mash,cabbage,peas carrots and a flavoursome onion gravy.Absolutely top notch.It arrived piping hot and was still hot 20 minutes later when I finally finished it [a word of warning here-I wouldn't think of ordering a starter or dessert unless you haven't eaten for 2 days].All that for an amazing £8.95!.As the sign say's outside, the best value meals for miles.Besides the extensive menu there is a specials board with plenty of choice.In summary,a lovely old style country pub with a great selection of home made delicious food,good beers and wines,warm hospitality and a place where I personally will visit time and time again.Why did I wait 19 years?

Reviewed 22 March 2017

Went with the family for Sunday dinner. When we were eventually served at the bar and told at which table we were seated, we had to ask for the table to be cleared from the previous customers. The food was barely warm to start off with but it went colder still waiting for cutlery and the accompanying sauce. Surely if you order a meal with sauce, it should be served at the same. As for supplying a knife and fork at the same time - well!
Staff not very friendly either. This used to be a place where excellent (and warm) food was served. A lot quicker too. Won't be returning.

1  Thank PriceBirtley