“Perfect Stay”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Nantwich Market Town Centre
Shropshire Union Canal one of 3 local Canal networks
Nantwich Market - Shepherd Hut Photo's to follow
Chicken
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

natalie88...
Lancashire, United Kingdom
“Perfect Stay”
Reviewed 25 October 2017 for a stay in September 2017

We stayed mid-week at the Shepards Hut and had a fantastic time. The location is brilliant. The hosts Gwen and Geoff were very friendly and helpful and made us feel so welcome and at home. The Hut its self has lots of character and was cosy but at the same time had all the modern amenities and is more spacious than you may think. The hot tub is a fantastic addition, Geoff set it up for us each day and it stays hot all evening. The Hut is very nicely decorated and fresh flowers and milk awaited our arrival. We managed to cook a full breakfast each morning and ate out at the Nags Head (walking distance) and Chomondley Arms which were both brilliant. Lots to do nearby. We visited Tarporley, Cholmondley Castle and Snugburys Ice Cream Parlour, all of which were well worth a visit. We would definitely stay again, perfect for a peaceful get away with a difference!

26 Oct 2017
Thanks Natalie appreciate your comments and glad you enjoyed it
Geoff and Gwen
Cja702
Accrington, United Kingdom
“Perfect retreat”
Reviewed 24 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

An absolutely fab weekend spent in this gorgeous setting. The shepherds hut is beautiful, tastefully decorated and impeccably clean. It's also fully kitted out with everything you might need, including a helpful hamper on arrival which was a lovely touch. The hot tub was ready on our arrival, we were in it until very late. Gwen and Geoff are the perfect hosts, on hand if needed but left us to enjoy the privacy the shepherds hut affords. The location is great, nice pub serving great food a very short walk away. We had a trip out to Alton Towers which is around an hours drive away. The weather was great which added to the experience, but I bet the hot tub is great in the winter too, I think we'll have to come back to see!

25 Jul 2017
Thanks for your review very much appreciated

Geoff and Gwwn
CW3103
Oswestry, United Kingdom
“Miss”
Reviewed 8 July 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

One of my favourite places yet that me and my partner have stayed.
Geoff and his wife were gems with it all, giving you as much space as you wanted but there if you needed any help with anything - I personally didn't notice them around even though their home is only 150 yards away.
The Hut is absolutely gorgeous, I was surprised how big it is inside. It's spacious and decorated beautifully - really gives you a sense that you're in the countryside which I loved.
Hot tub is fabulous, Geoff would get it ready for us for when we got back after our days out walking and on arrival.
The location is perfect is you want peace and tranquility - you really do feel like you're a million miles away from home life and it was the break we needed.
Thank you so much Geoff, we will return!

9 Jul 2017
Thanks Chloe glad you enjoyed our Shepherd Hut
Your feedback is appreciated hopefully see you again

Geoff and Gwen
Samantha...
Halifax, England, United Kingdom
“Peace and quiet”
Reviewed 14 March 2017 for a stay in February 2017

I booked this lovely little holiday home in dire need of some peace and quiet, and I found it. The hut, although a little closer to the main house than I anticipated, was very much self contained with great facilities. Geoff and Gwen have thought of everything you will need and provided it. It was a rather windy and rainy weekend but I still managed to spend a whole afternoon in the hot tub with a good book and silence as my only companion which was exactly what I needed. Two small points to consider: I arrived after dark and , despite good directions, I still managed to drive past the house several times. The hot tub: is not a modern electric one so is not bubbly, is heated by logs so is not available on a whim and needs several hours to heat up thoroughly and if you are staying alone you will need to be prepared to have to advise the owners when you get in and out as a health and safety precaution - which is sensible but feels slightly cumbersome. I'll definitely go back!

5 Jun 2017
Thanks Samantha
quiche_nu...
Castle Donington, United Kingdom
“Relaxing stay”
Reviewed 12 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017

We had a lovely relaxing weekend. The hot tub is amazing and the shepherds hut is modern and bigger than expected.
Geoff and Gwen have thought of everything you need and the welcome basket is a lovely touch.

In a perfect location for Chester and other local attractions. The local pub is also delicious for food and drinks.

Highly recommend!!

5 Jun 2017
Thanks for your review very much appreciated
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing