Stayed at the Rookery Hall for three nights on a half board basis. The place is really nice and well kept. After a 4 hour or so drive, we booked in with no problem and we were shown to our room. Room 106 is in the 'basement' of an extension attached. A nice room, but nothing special considering the rate charged! To be truthful, we expected better and have had better in less 'glamorous' hotels! We had a lunch in the garden thanks to the nice weather. Again, nothing special and overpriced! The food at dinner every night was excellent, but the drink is very expensive and, due to the deal we were on, there were supplements on certain courses which were, again, a bit pricey! We don't normally complain on prices, but Hand Picked need to look at their prices, especially wine!
I will give the barman Chris high praise for his service, top service and running about making drinks for all at the bar! The last dinner we had is reflected on our service score. We had our starter and main courses served to us in the space of just over an hour. We were asked for the desert menu, which we waited ten minutes on. Then, after half an hour, we left after being completely ignored by staff for our order!
Overall, the Rookery is a nice place, but nothing really special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1816, Rookery Hall Hotel and Spa is a four AA red star, Grade II Georgian Hall situated close to Nantwich in Cheshire. Part of the Hand Picked Hotel collection Rookery Hall is set in 38 acres of private gardens and grounds offering a selection of 70 well-appointed bedrooms and suites, extensive meeting and event facilities, a Health Club & Spa and a 2 AA Rosette Restaurant. The Health Club and Spa is set adjacent to the main hotel and offers a variety of luxurious treatments with seven treatment rooms, manicure and pedicure suite, Rasul mud therapy chamber, waterwall sensory relaxation room, glass roofed 17 metre indoor swimming pool, fully-equipped gym, fitness studio and a Cafe Bar. Rookery Hall's spa is recognised as one of the top residential spas in the country and offers a full range of spa treatments by expert therapists using the Elemis product house. Rookery Hall Hotel and Spa was initially awarded 4 AA red stars in 2013 and has retained these for 2014 and 2015. The hotel was also awarded Hotel Restaurant of the Year 2014 at the Nantwich Food Festival and Solo Spa of the year 2014 at the Good Spa Guide Awards. Conveniently located 15 minutes away from the M6, Rookery Hall is within easy reach of Chester and Manchester and the medieval town of Nantwich, just 5 minutes away. Crewe station which connects via high-speed train to London and Manchester is also just a short drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au and Hooroo Pty Ltd so you can book your Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rookery Hall Hotel And Spa
- Rookery Hall Hotel Nantwich
- Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa Nantwich, Cheshire