“Dog walk”
Review of Dane Meadow

Dane Meadow
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

This is a great place to walk your dog. It is well kept and maintained. Nice wooden statues for interest and lovely to listen to the river flowing past

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"kingfisher"
"field"

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

If you take the time to spend on the river it provides some really good walks. Great to explore this area especially in summer.

Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

I live with this area on my doorstep; steep hill initially to the area. But initially the flood plain is flat and a nice easy walk. Perfect for families and dogs walking.. i have walked as far as to the end of the field under the viaduct, but walked back due to muddy ground. In summer this is a great walk

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Loved my little walk, parked my car at the vicarage Hotel and then cut through the glebe farm which took me along the river and to the Twemlow Viaduct, I then followed this with a walk into the town area, loved my my little getaway trip, I would recommend!

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 October 2017

The River Dane is on our doorstep so I do this walk regularly.

Park your car in The Old Vicarage in Holmes Chapel then follow the footpath by the side all the way to Twemlow Viaduct, turn around here and walk back along the same route for a lovely three mile stroll.

Plenty of places to sit and watch the river wind its way peacefully on its route. Keep your eyes open for very fast a blue flash flying above the water - we have a number of Kingfishers frequent this stretch.

Quite a simple walk for most people, nothing strenuous apart from a couple of styles.

There is often cattle free roaming in the fields, they are no trouble but would suggest keeping dogs on a lead.

Excellent, very peaceful setting...