1,919 results
All reviewsspa breakparty nightneck and shoulder massagecourse mealpark and flyhen partyan early flightspa facilitieshealth clublovely foodcouldn't faultclose to the airportan overnight staygood nights sleepfollowing morningstayed here for one nighttreatment
Reviewed 11 April 2018

We had stayed here a number of years ago and had liked it, as base for Manchester Airport. This time, we were appalled at a hotel in serious decline. The room was extremely cold; the radiator did not work; we asked to change room. The next room was no better and had a tiny electric heater- no use. By now, we didn't have the energy to ask again after a snowy journey. The windows are metal, 1950's, drafty and single glazed. The toilet was unhygienic, dirty, yes dirty. The room very dated and dusty, very poor cleaning. Receptionists were pleasant as were restaurant staff. The food was OK - we did get 20% off and a free drink for booking direct. We also enjoyed the pool, but changing rooms dirty. Airport transfers worked well. How very disappointing to see a hotel in such terrible decline.

2  Thank Amzeed
LindaGregory, Manager at Hallmark Hotel Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear of your disappointment regarding your recent visit. I will ensure that the details regarding the room is fed back to the team and investigated as although the heating operated on a central basis and upon timings they should have been on during parts of your stay.

On a positive, I am glad you found the team members to be pleasant, the swimming pool and also enjoyed the taxi transfer service.

Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

Had a wonderful day. Very friendly and informative and looked after brilliantly by Janette. Will definitely book again soon. Highly recommended . Fab swimming pool steam room jacuzzi sauna spotlessly clean.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dave C

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great feedback regarding your recent visit with ourselves. I will ensure your comments are shared with the team and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 10 April 2018

Hi there,

We stayed at hallmark Manchester on Sunday 8th April - Monday 9th April following a groupon deal for my partners birthday.

I have to say I am absolutely appalled with the service and the hotel.

Upon arrival we went for to the spa and for a massage and i have to say this was great. From this point forward it went downhill. I went for lunch and had the hotdog at £9.50! and was awful. Your staff forgot to bring the side order of chips and refunded me the wrong change!

We then checked into the room and was outdated and dirty. Dinner then came and was the worst meal i have ever eaten. The parfait for starter was rock hard and had obviously just been taken out the fridge. We then had a burger and it was rare! pink in the middle and charcoal on the outside. Desert was then basically a bowl of squirty cream with a scoop of ice cream that apparently takes 35minutues to make!!

Lastly due to the terrible dinner we decided to have room service at 10:05pm and ordered nachos and a hot dog. 11:15 pm then came with no food so had to go downstairs to be told that the chefs had gone home and not bothered to do the food and was told they would take it off the bill and bring it up as its just microwave food. Then at 12:20 the food came and was disgusting the hotdog roll was hard as it was put in the microwave.

Then came time to sleep (well not really). There were fans for the kitchen outside our window 202. The bed is so uncomfortably and couldn't wait to get out.

So to sum this up i am disgusted and will be writing a bad review on all review sits and will be contacting groupon. I do hope you can solve this issue with me because i am seriously annoyed for the amount of £140!!!!

1  Thank jordiebaker96

Dear guest,

I am sorry to hear of your disappointment regarding your recent visit. I understand this has been received directly and responded to accordingly.

Reviewed 9 April 2018

The hotel on approach is surrounded by woodland & has a very good sized car park.
I didn't use the facilities other than the room, although there is a health club/spa on site & did not eat there (late arrival, early start).
The room was extremely comfortable, great bed , very spacious & one of the biggest bathrooms that I have ever seen in a UK hotel, all high quality standard & finish.
The room cost was very reasonable & less than some 'budget' hotels that I had checked out - the Hallmark is in no way a cheap hotel.
The location is great for access to Manchester airport (11 minutes for me).
Will certainly stay there when I fly out of Manchester on early flights, or those with late arrivals.
Only one slight criticism & that is lift is only capable of taking 2 or 3 people.

1  Thank Stephen B

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

Nice hotel for the price, but I booked this hotel for the end of my holiday as my flight arrived in the early hours and the taxi from the airport cost £25. Absolutely absurd given this hotel is a 5 minute drive but apparently its a fixed fee because it's in a different postcode or some such rubbish. Not the hotels fault I know, but something I want other travellers to be aware of.
Hotel room itself was nice, staff friendly and quickly accommodated my request for a fan, can't comment on other facilities.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Bev S

Dear guest,

In future, please contact us directly as we have an agreed price with a local taxi firm between £8-£10.