2,472 results
All reviews afternoon tea q hotels tower suite modern wing west wing main hall spa break feature room stately home crew hall sheridan lounge newer part beautiful building original building four poster bed brasserie restaurant leisure facilities
Reviewed 22 February 2018

We felt encouraged on arrival as the entrance hall is lovely. And there was a sign pointing to the Malt Bar, which my husband was very happy to see. We were given a map to find our room, and having trailed for what seemed like miles, we ended up in what reminded us of a sports hall. Nothing at all like the hotel we had checked into. The room was fine, but the bathroom could have been cleaner. We went for a swim and the pool was great, in fact, it was probably the best thing about the hotel. We then thought we would have a drink in the Malt Bar. Sadly, it doesn't exist as a bar at all, just a name on a door. Needless to say Husband was very disappointed. We then had a drink in the Brasserie, expensive for two glasses of wine. I don't know about the food as we then went to a more local type pub. At breakfast we made toast but there was no butter, very odd for a supposedly four star hotel not to have butter but only Flora in packets. I did ask, but I was told there is only Flora today. Oh well, no Malt Bar and no butter. I don't think we'll come back.

Room tip: Maybe ask to stay in the old part of the hotel, otherwise expect a characterless warren of motel style corridors
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Helen w
CreweHall, Manager at Crewe Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Dear Helen,
than you for visiting us and for your feedback. The Old Hall is a grand building and I understand that you would have liked to be able to spend more time in this part of the hotel. The Malt Bar is not open every day and moving forward we will try to extend the opening hours. We have as well the Sheridan Lounge that is open daily for afternoon teas and snacks.
I will look into the breakfast items, I am sorry we didn't have the full offer. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel, we would like to keep in touch and have a gesture with you. Silvia Llaurado. Operations Manager

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

What a great looking hotel as you drive up the long driveway. The entrance hall is grand. The staff polite. The room spacious. An excellent alternative to a business hotel.
Unfortunately Crewe hall is attached to the worst restaurant I've attended!
I ordered a curry (from the bar menu) and a creme brulee. The ordering process took 15 minutes of waiting at the bar (they weren't busy, just completely at odds with the computer system).
The food so far has taken 2 hours to arrive and I'm still waiting for the brulee, though I was given a spoon 20 minutes ago so it might be getting closer.
I'm fairly sure I have landed in a social experiment, or maybe all the staff are on work experience.
After a long journey, it doesn't matter how good the room is when I'm still waiting for my dinner at 10:40pm.

Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank wj_cerberus

Dear wj_Cerberus,
Thank you for feedback and I can assure you that we are following up. I am sorry the service was not up to standards and I want to apologise for the inconveniences. Please feel free to contact me directly if you wish to discuss further your stay. Silvia LLaurado. Operations Manager.

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

I’ve stayed in Crewe hall a number of times mostly because of the great gym and leisure facilities but also because of the high quality food served in the restaurant. Unfortunately this is very much let down by the appalling service. The last two times I’ve stayed I’ve had to flag down one of the serving staff or actually walk over to the manager after waiting almost 30 minutes for someone to even take a drinks order.
I will stay here again but just need to remember that the staff are very shy

Date of stay: February 2018

Dear Dean, thank you for being a regular customer and I do really appreciate your feedback. Please get in contact with me directly next time you are about, I would like to discuss your experience further. Kind regards. Silvia Llaurado. Operations Manager

Reviewed 20 February 2018

Arrived and waited to be seated. The drinks (tea for me and coffee for my hubby) were brought first. The teapot didn't seem to work and even though I did as instructed, the tea just got stronger and stronger. Only one small jug of milk for both of us. When the tray of sandwiches came, I explained about the tea and it was replaced with another jug. I explained that all the milk had been used and requested more milk - none came. The sandwiches were OK. Nicely presented. Then came the cakes/scones on a three tired platter. Looked amazing but a bit disappointing. The "illusion" type cake was really sharp lemon. The macaroons were bitter. On the top was a glass with a coffee mixture in it (think it was supposed to be panacotta) with some funny looking biscuit on top. It was very bland and disappointing. The scones jam and cream were nice. All in all, when considering the price paid, it was not worth the money. We had previously had a cream tea there a few years ago and then it was much better. Sorry, I was really disappointed and can only give 2 stars.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Gilliana, thank you for booking your afternoon tea with us.
All the contents of our afternoon tea are home made daily by our pastry chef and his team. We change the menu regularly and the chef will take your comments on board. I hope the choice of cakes will be more of your liking next time.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly about afternoon teas or any other query you may have. Silvia Llaurado. Operations Manager

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

Visited Crewe Hall as a special valentines treat for the two of us. The place looks amazing as you approach it and I was amazed at how big it is. There are about 28 rooms in the old hall and about 100 in the newer additions, which even though very modern, do fit well with the older building.
I began my stay with a massage in the Spa, not the best I'd experienced and at £50 for 25 minutes it was a bit on the expensive side and I'm not sure lasted more than 20 mins.
We had been promised one of the feature rooms in the old building, but there was no record of it, and although our modern allocated room was swiftly changed to a wonderful period room 4301, it isn't a good sign that arrangements aren't noted and communicated. There was a wedding the evening we were there, which did cut down the public space that was available. Apart from the modern bar at the brasserie, most lounges, the library etc are in the old building and can be reserved for events like weddings. There is a wonderful chapel in the building, very ornately decorated and a large lounge and library.
The brasserie is the venue for breakfast and evening meals, we had a dinner, bed and breakfast deal, which essentially meant we had £28 allocated to our evening meal and was enough to have three courses. There are quite a few meals that come with supplements. Our bread board and Greek salad starters were really good. The duck confit very tasty and the steak tender, but would recommend a sauce. A decent but uninspring cheeseboard for dessert.
We took the opportunity to use the pool, which was pleasant, but clearly filling up with visitors for the day spa experience. Checkout at 11 gave plenty of time for us to enjoy this.
The old hall, whilst having a lift does have quite a few stairs as there appear to be a number of smaller landing and passages. Fascinating history to the hall, which was in the ownership of the Crown/Duchy of Lancaster until 1998.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
CreweHall, Manager at Crewe Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Dear Suesalford,
thank you for sharing your experience with us.
we have upcoming exciting events such as Afternoon Tea for Fathers Day.
Get in contact with us if you want more information about our calendar of especial dates.
Kind regards,