“Beautiful Venue”

Gusto
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: "Alderley Edge – home to some of the nation’s most famous sporting faces, not to mention some of the most demanding diners in the North West. This is where Italian restaurant Gusto steps up to the bar. Taking 1950s New York Italian restaurants as inspiration Gusto has a filmic atmosphere thanks not only to clean, stylish décor but to the raft of slim, glamorous girls sipping wine and comparing the contents of their shopping bags. In the summer Gusto is the perfect place to people watch with a sun-trap terrace just the spot to enjoy a lingering lunch. Every dish on the classic Italian menu is freshly prepared and delicious, a welcome change from the pre-cooked chain pizza. "
Reviewed 1 October 2018

The venue is beautiful, the staff very friendly. It is not expensive to eat here but the bar prices notch the bill up considerably. The food was plentiful but a touch on the bland side, Kingprawn pasta with chilli is supposed to have a slight kick but it lacked bite and flavour and the bolognese had less than a tablespoon full of meat in the entire dish. I would also suggest that in a very dark room, light grey font on the menu makes things very tricky, we had to take it in turns to tilt tha lampshade to read it

GustoA14, General Manager at Gusto, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I'd like to apologize that you found the food bland and the bolognese was not up to standard. We appreciate all feedback both negative and positive and we will take your comments and investigate into why the food was not up to it's normal quality.

Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

Not been here for a few months and forgot how good it is. Really good menu choice and wine selection. Sharing platter is a must. Special menu for the young lad behind the bar - Toby- very approachable and helped us with a drinks issue.

GustoA14, General Manager at Gusto, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Hi Julian,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your great review. I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent visit with us and I will be sure to pass on your comments to Toby. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 26 September 2018

This is a popular restaurant but I’ve no idea why. The food was really awful, the meatball starter was very poor meatballs were rock hard, and inedible, the prawn main that I had which was described as being in a sweet chilli sauce was laced with fresh chillies and extremely hot, nothing like as described in the menu.
My friend had the spaghetti bolognaise and it wa like a ready meal had been thrown in the bottom of a very large dish no garnish or anything taste wise, nothing special. Couldn’t tell anyone because no one checked on us.
Came to pay the bill and they had no receipts in the card machine, I kept asking for a copy of my card receipt and instead got three copies of the bill.! Eventually I was told that it wasn’t possible to give me a card receipt, so I got my receipt signed as paid ...although I don’t know how that would stand up if there was a query at the bank.

Hi Danny,

First off let me apologize for the quality of the food you received on the day you dined. I have discussed with my head chef the issues you had and he is looking into them. The meatballs should certainly not be hard and prawn pasta should have a hint of chili but should not be over-powering. We do make all of our food fresh on site and we take pride in the quality of it. However on your visit it seems it was below our usual standard. I have spoken to the manager on duty also and she did explain to me that she could not get a copy of the card receipt printed. We are getting this machine looked at to find out why it would not print for you. If you would like me to send you a copy I can get this organised for you. I would like to speak to you in person about this. If you wouldn't mind emailing me on angelessolomon@gustorestaurants.uk.com or call me on 01625 583 993 and we can get this sorted for you.

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

We was regular visits as of last year but a chef put us off, we thought after a year gone by we will try the new menu, place was super busy and had a new menu I thought thats a good sign.

Went to the bar and realised no one was local drinks been spilt and very loud girls really drunk talking rubbish.
We got seated down by a lovely host and waited about 15 minutes for our waiter to introduce himself and ask if we would like any drinks.
Ordered everything a once, rosemary and sea salt bread which was lovely can't go wrong really, mussels to start, both had fillet steak for main.

Mussels we're nice but every other one has grit in we couldn't carry on eating them, this is a sign that the produce is cheap or they haven't been washed properly, ok for the odd one to have grit in but every other one wasn't good.

Fillets steaks were tasty chef cooked them well, but again cheap quality food for overpriced meals the steak had a lot of fat in considering it's a filler steak.

Manager came over with a refund for the mussels which we wasn't looking for of course but was a nice of him.

I think we have defiantly confirmed this time that we will never be visiting gusto again, much better quality Italians cibo in wilmslow worth the xtra drive.

GustoA14, General Manager at Gusto, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Dear Guest,

I'm very sorry to hear about your experience on the night. First of all let me apologize for the wait you had for your server to greet you. Also for the mussels, I was the manager on duty and I do remember the issue you had with the mussels. I can assure you this is not normal as we do sell a lot of these however I appreciate that for your experience this will have tainted it. I would like to speak to you further to get a few more details from you, if you wouldn't mind contacting me on 01625 583 993 or emailing me on angelessolomon@gustorestaurants.uk.com so we can get to the bottom of what happened on the night you dined and to make sure that this does not happen again.

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

I had a lovely meal at Gusto to celebrate my 25th birthday. We shared a delicious cheesy garlic bread, followed by an usual but equally tasty risotto. The icing on the cake was the dessert calzone that followed... it was heavenly!

1  Thank simonrstones

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your great review. I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed celebrating your 25th birthday with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.