“Great atmosphere and food to match”

Alderley Bar & Grill
Ranked #10 of 41 Restaurants in Alderley Edge
Price range: USD 41 - USD 84
Cuisines: French, British
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 3 July 2016 via mobile

We were celebrating our friends' wedding anniversary so were looking forward to our meal. Chilli squid to start followed by half a lobster for me, sirloin steaks for the men and sea bass for the 'bride'. All got the thumbs up.
No room for puds though but what we saw coming out of the kitchen looked equally as good.
A great night, professional, friendly staff and lovely food.

Reviewed 20 June 2016

Booking is advisable especially at weekends. I have visited several times and never been disappointed. The staff are friendly and accommodating and the restaurant has a good ambience. There are heaters if you want to sit outside, but the booths and atmosphere inside are very inviting. The food is excellent, the summer tart for 'veggies' highly recommendable as is the duck, which my both guests picked and thoroughly enjoyed. A good selection of desserts with the sticky toffee pudding our favourite. We were served by Jess, who couldn't have been more helpful and attentive. She certainly helped make the whole meal a pleasurable experience and the evening was very enjoyable. Don't miss out on spending a good evening in one of the best restaurants in the area. Good wine can be bought by the glass.

Reviewed 15 June 2016

This is one of the few restaurants in the area which is consistently good. I have visited many times and have never been disappointed. The food choice is great but not over the top and the wine menu is superb. Service is great and the quality of food is superb.The atmosphere is buzzing with a good bar scene. We will be back!!

Reviewed 14 June 2016 via mobile

There was a friendly greeting from staff upon arrival. The restaurant itself has a very intimate setting and the booths are lovely to sit in.

The staff were very friendly and informative. The food was amazing! I had the crispy duck, it was one of the nicest meals I have ever eaten. In my personal opinion, nothing here was overpriced and even if I thought it was, it was well worth the money.

The only way I believe it could improve was for the staff to not stand by the bar talking, it didn't happen often but it was directly in my line of view. Also upon leaving the manager was on his phone, which I found to be rude, he apologies and retrieved our coats from the closet (which I loved the idea of).

Overall, a hidden gem that I would definitely suggest for people to try.

Reviewed 8 June 2016

Very nice - staff charming and very accommodating. Moved the furniture to accommodate. Great place shame about the scaffold next door. Would return.