“Mum’s 70th Birthday ”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Thank you to the Red Lion Team for a superb evening. We had a group of 17 and we were looked after all evening, food was fantastic.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We have visited the red lion 3 times in as many weeks and every time have been impressed with the welcome and service and always had lovely food.
The food is simple, but home cooked and great portion sizes. The team working at the Red Lion are so friendly.
We have taken my parents and they thoroughly enjoyed it!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I was a guest at a Sunday Lunch Party at the Red Lion. I had never been before and didn’t know what to expect. The Pub and Restaurant were very busy which is always a good sign. I had a traditional Sunday roast along with a starter and dessert.

My lunch was excellent, served promptly and came with a dish of mixed vegetables, Staff were attentive also which makes a pleasant change.

The Pub is a “class act” and I rated it highly. Well worth the 70 to 80 minute round trip. I will go again without a doubt and so should anybody else who is in the area.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

We visited Wisbech recently and we were directed to the Red Lion for some "decent food." The staff were friendly and attentive, we both had a rack of ribs and fries. The fries were lovely, golden and crisp and couldn't be made better, however the ribs?
They were absolutely swimming in sauce that drenched the entire plate and tasted as though an entire bag of sugar had been used in its creation. Perhaps we chose unwisely, or is it that all dishes should turn out to be nice on the menu? I always feel a bit underwhelmed as a foody when I could have done better at home for far less. If this is getting top marks, God only knows what other restaurants are putting on the table there.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Beautiful restaurant, fantastic food, brilliant staff what more needs to be said , easy to find just along the brink always a great welcome