“Great accommodation. Very nice cottage and...”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of The Bakery Cottage

Welcome to Bakery Cottage Brick paved patio area and ornamental pond
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Welcome to Bakery Cottage
Brick paved patio area and ornamental pond
Swing seat in the shade next to the garden pond
Garden double room - with private wash hand basin
Galley kitchen with beams and large sky light window
view two of the galley kitchen
Dinning table for 6 people
Ground floor shower room and loo adjacent to the Rose room
Upstairs shower room en suit to the Lavender room
Italian garden patio area
View from the cottage back door into the garden, enjoy the butterfly's and the birds
Outdoor dinning for 6 near the pond
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Dutch first
Any
JalDavies
Vancouver, Canada
“Great accommodation. Very nice cottage and garden.”
Reviewed 21 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

Six adults are easily accommodated in this quaint but well equipped cottage. It has everything you need to self cater. The garden is quiet and secluded, overgrown at the edges, and very nice. It is great for a quiet morning coffee or afternoon tea, or listening to the church bells. The village of West Wratting is well located for touring to Cambridge, the Fens, Ely, Norwich, the coast and much more. Six members of my family, all adults, spent five nights at the Bakery Cottage and we all enjoyed it very much. The host Carol was very nice and very helpful. Highly recommended.

6 Jun 2018
Sorry for the delay. Glad you all enjoyed your stay. I do my best to make everyone welcome.
evelyncru...
Enniskillen, United Kingdom
“Extremely Disappointed”
Reviewed 19 June 2017 for a stay in January 2017
person found this review helpful

I booked our holiday late January dates 8th to 15th July by telephone with Carol and posted my cheque as requested for £100 deposit on 1st February this was taken out of my account within a week .I rang Carol 5 weeks before our arrival date to discover she had doubled booked the cottage for 2 weeks to other clients ,to say I was disappointed was an understatement. After a lot of stress we did find an other cottage albeit 1hour drive from Cambridge I had a B&B 20 years ago and used my yearly diary to book people in and I worked on the princeable first in first served .I have NO doubt Carol your place is LOVELY but you can imagine how I felt

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
22 Jun 2017
I was very sorry that I had made a mistake and double booked but I contacted Cambridge Tourist Board and found two other available cottages which I promptly rang and gave Evelyn the details of. I straight away returned her deposit of £100 to her.
I made several telephone calls to Ireland to check if she was sorted out but did not find any one in.This has never happened before to me and I will make doubly sure it never happens again.
I was looking forward to meeting Evelyn as she sounded a really nice lady.
Chutney_B...
Brussels
“Nice cottage near Cambridge”
Reviewed 16 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Confortable and lovely cottage. The village is very peaceful but near amenities (stores and superstores in nearby towns). Perfect place if you want to visit Cambridge and Audley End. Nice garden.

Your age range 35-49
6 Jun 2018
Thank you.
Kate L
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
“Fabulous cottage with tranquil gardens”
Reviewed 29 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

We hired the cottage for a week for ourselves, our son and daughter in law. We had the downstairs bedroom, and they had the choice of 2 bedrooms upstairs. The cottage is delightful, with all the amenities we needed, and access to the owner's wonderful garden.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Wewanted a quaint, typical English country cottage for our Japanese daughter in law to enjoy, and this ticked all the boxes.
Liked least: We weren't disappointed with anything.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
scrants
Surrey
“Lovely cottage and garden”
Reviewed 1 June 2016 for a stay in May 2016

We stayed in Bakery cottage for a week from 20th May. It is a very cosy cottage and well equipped. The owner, Carol, is a very friendly and helpful lady. There is a downstairs bedroom and shower room which suited us because one of our party has mobility problems. The upstairs is very spacious with two large bedrooms and a shower room. The beds are really comfortable.

Wifi access is very good.

We had good weather so were able to enjoy the beautiful garden in garden chairs supplied by Carol.

The cottage is near to some lovely towns - Ely, Bury St Edmunds, Saffron Walden, Long Melton, Finchingfield and, of course, Cambridge. There are also lots of lovely villages nearbywith plenty of places to eat.

I would recommend this cottage.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The garden
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
People with disabilities Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing