“Interesting menu and good food”
Review of The Crown

The Crown
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Linton
Cuisines: Gastropub
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

We went here mainly because the number 1 place, Dog and Duck, did not have a menu on their webpage. I am vegetarian so I prefer to know in advance what I am able to order. The Crown was able to offer two interesting veggie options which were NOT pasta, this already gave them a thumbs up before we arrived. There were four of us, we all had starters and main courses. Main courses from the menu were Swordfish, Halloumi kebabs ( veggie), from the specials board Salmon Wellington and Chicken pie. The starters and mains were all were very good, especially the homemade scotch egg. We got lucky because Wednesday was free pudding night, so we all had one of those too, again there was a good choice. The lemon tart was very good! We had a new waitress but that didn't matter because she checked back on all our questions about local beer etc. and she did a good job. The restaurant itself is nice, it's at the back, the bar is cosy. Parking is a nightmare, so be prepared. The reason for not giving a full five stars was because the more experienced waitress dropped a knife when clearing plates which landed on and cut my father. I know this was an accident but it should not happen if you are careful and clear the table professionally. As a commiseration he got a free drink. All round this was a very good choice and I would go there again.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Food was only OK, you can NOT double cook frozen chips !!
We had a good selection of starters and a fair main course selection, dessert was a poor relative. Food was only OK, priced to be good, but its a bit short of that.

1  Thank Paul141
Reviewed 27 June 2017

Nice cosy restaurant with an excellent menu and plenty of choice. Outside seating for those summer lunches. Friendly and helpful staff. Dogs allowed in the bar too!

Reviewed 27 June 2017

Lovely place and lovely food. My son is vegan and always a challenge to find something suitable but he had no problem here. There was a large party in having a great time who were in the conservatory so they put us away from them near the bar so that it would be quieter for us which was a very nice thought. Food excellent, service excellent. What more can I say. Will be going back on my next visit to the area, well worth it.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

A family night out was enjoyed by one and all.
A lovely relaxed atmosphere a!ong with some great food made it a great night for us including our Canadian Grandchild.