The Kings Arms Hotel
  • Restaurant
Two Brewers Hotel(Chipperfield)
USD 71*
TripAdvisor
Travelodge Beaconsfield Central(Beaconsfield)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead West Hotel(Hemel Hempstead)(Great Value!)
USD 73*
PremierInn.com
Crowne Plaza Gerrards Cross(Beaconsfield)(Great Value!)
USD 117*
Priceline
  • Pool
All reviewshigh streetwedding venuecharming hotelhoneymoon suitebeautiful venuewedding receptionsister hotelnext morningking's chapellovely townthe publovely atmospherebreakfast was deliciousmain buildinghotel barfull englishwedding guests
Reviewed 2 October 2011

We had a great overnight stay at the Kings Arms. Lovely place to wind down with a G&T.
The staff were great, especially the guy at reception.
Breakfast very good and room was comfy.

Room Tip: We had a room next to the car park which has a gravel parking area, woke me a few times with cars coming and going.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 September 2011

We stayed at the King's Arms for a long weekend. We stayed in the newer part of the hotel, but the pub and the lounge had such nice tudor charm. The full English breakfast in the morning was hearty enough that we didnt need to eat lunch. The staff was pleasant and accomodating, getting us taxis and giving us some information on transport to London and Windsor. The staff at the pub were fun and they made a great Pimms! Looking forward to coming back soon.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 September 2011

I feel disappointed by my stay at this hotel. I chose it because it looked so full of character and romantic. However that is just the front and not where most of the actual rooms are. You come out of the lovely old coaching inn into a car park and then enter a block of rooms closely resembling a travel lodge, totally generic, dull and not at all what I wanted. Our room was the furthest away and the key card did not work three times, each time I had to traipse across the car park again; very unimpressed. The room was very dark and very small and had a basement feel to it even though it was ground floor because there was a huge bank outside the very small window. Plus side was the bathroom was nice and the main hotel, bar and breakfast were lovely. Great town too, lots of nice shops and restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2011

I stayed here for one night when on business in the area. The hotel commands a fantastic location on the high street in Amersham Old Town, which means patrons can benefit from a wide array of local pubs and restaurants. This is vital after 18:00 on a Sunday afternoon once the bar in the Kings Arms closes.

I was given a room in the new annexe and, whilst the room was pleasant, I could have got a similar standard room at a major chain for much, much less (I was swayed by the character of the hotel on the website). The room suffered as a result of there being no air-conditioning and it felt like someone was shining a torch in my face all night from light from the corridor pouring under the door. That said, its off-road location meant it was really quiet during the night and the breakfast was cooked to order (this was really nice).

If I was travelling to the area again would I stay here? Probably not. Although the location is fantastic and it is really convenient for local amenities, I don't think I could justify the money.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 May 2011

We stayed here on the Saturday night of the FA Cup final and the hotel had a few Man City fans staying. We expected a noisy stay. Nevertheless, we really enjoyed our stay.
The hotel is quite large but oldie-worldy and charming.
The receptionist was very welcoming and helpful.
The bedroom was right over the bar but we didn't notice any noise at all even though we expected a raucous evening! The room was clean, comfortable and full of old world charm. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom had a bath and a shower which was nice. The only small negative was the lack of a kettle/team making facilities in the room.

I liked the fact that you couldn't get to the rooms without a security card.

Breakfast was very good with a great choice and the staff were helpful and friendly. The only negative here is that the breakfast room is fairly small for the size of the hotel and can get crowded at times.

There is a large car-park at the rear if you need it.

The hotel is situated right in the centre of Old Amersham and we enjoyed walking up and down the High St browsing the shops. The architecture of the town is charming.

We'd definitely stay there again.

And the football fans were great even though they were supporting the wrong team!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple