“Probably teething problems”
Review of The Beech House

The Beech House
Ranked #46 of 74 Restaurants in Amersham
Price range: USD 11 - USD 46
Description: Opening February 2018. With its buzzing atmosphere and welcoming lounge, bar and restaurant, The Beech House is a modern meeting place at the heart of Amersham. Whether you're joining us for a full-on meal, a drink in the bar or a coffee to go, there are so many ways to enjoy The Beech House - we're sure you'll find an excuse.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We went for drinks and potentially food. It was good- not great but I think this is to do with being so new, hopefully.

Oakman I, Manager at The Beech House, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

Hopefully, you will choose to visit us again at some point in the future and we can show you our true colours.

Kindest regards,

The Beech House team

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Went to restaurant for a meal before my son went back to university and to check out the private room for an ipsoming function. Upon arrival we were met by a female staff member, who clearly found it difficult to rais a smile.... not the first impression of the beech house I was expecting. She showed us to outer table,no conversation whatsoever. I asked about the private room hire which she did not know too much about. The waitress we had was called Ella, she was chatty and engaging, and Dispite her young years was the most polite of all the staff we came into contact with. Much better placed at the front of house. The meal itself was not great. I had the caeser salad the chicken was dried out, clearly having been cooked and sat under heat for some considerable time. When mention ella apologised and offer to take it back, however this would mean not having a meal with the rest of the table and as it was also my sons 21st birthday meal I endured it. I also asked the waitress we encountered for some Parmesan cheese as there was very little in the salad.....to date she never brought it, I reminded another waiter again nothing. The other meals were ok. The restaurant was busy, but even in the short time we were there I witnessed 2 other tables complaining about their meals. Had hopes for this place, however feel very much let down. I never quite understand miserable staff in social jobs. How much does a smile cost.? It’s a shame as this place is well needed in the area. Not a great experience for me I’m afraid.

Oakman I, Manager at The Beech House, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2018

Thanks for popping in for a meal the other week, It's nice to read you enjoyed Ella's service. We are sorry to hear of the issues you have raised, it seems we've got a couple of kinks to iron out. Bear with us and do make sure you come and give us another go very soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Our first visit was a success. Good food and a great atmosphere.
Hope it keeps up it's good start. It needs to, as it seems Amersham is becoming better for places to eat.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

We hope to welcome you back to our restaurant very soon!

Kindestest regrds,

The Beech House team

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Visited today for lunch. There was 2 of us and we were seated upstairs. What a great view... The waitress was superb, she recommended drinks then helped us navigate the impressive menu. Unfortunately she left before we did, I hope she will receive the tip we left.... We were welcomed and served like VIP guests from beginning to end. Can't wait to visit again and maybe have Christine attending us while we sample more of the menu! Well done all!

Oakman I, Manager at The Beech House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Thank you for your lovely comments, we'll be sure to pass your thanks on to the Christine and the team and hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regards,
The Beech House Team

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Atmosphere:
Nice, relaxed - family friendly. A little loud but to be expected on a sunday afternoon

Service:
Staff are friendly but lack refinement (they seem rushed even though it was not that busy). For example,
- they neglected to bring sugar for the tea (we had to walk to the bar to ask for it)
- they only provided one serveviette even though there were two of us (we had to ask for an extra one by walking to the bar)
- our teapot was only 1/4 filled with water (we had to ask for the water to be filled to the top at the bar and we were informed it was because they didn't want to dilute the tea??). They promptly filled our teapot and added two tea bags

Food:
- Starters: We had celery with celeraic soup served with sourdough bread. This soup was realky nice, fresh and full of flavour. The sourdough bread was cold and hard.

- Mains: We had cod with chips. The chips were either burnt or refried. The cod was fresh but unfortunately it was either over cooked or cooked in old oil (batter was dark orange rather than light brown)

2  Thank SnowOrchid11