“Going downhill”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Went here last night with friends and my sister. We had to clear a table to begin with, al the tables were the same and the place wasn't even busy. We ordered our food at the same time and after waiting 40mins had to go and see where it was. My friends pizza was cold, I ordered the basic cheese and tomato with two toppings and came minus the toppings, mys sister's chilli and rice was the smallest portion congealed on a large plate minus the tortillas and salad that you always used to get and my other friend's chicken strips came minus the salad. We asked the waiter for all the bits that were missing only to then see him serving food at other tables. One of us asked at the bar to speak to the manager, the person we spoke to claimed he didn't know who the manager was!! So we then asked a very helpful girl who did put our orders right and offered us free drinks/desserts by way of apology. This place has definately gone downhill over the years and is extremely dirty and unkempt, pretty much like Dunstable itself so it fits in well. And judging by the basic response to all reviews from the manger here it sounds like they couldn't care less either. Shame.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

Went to Gary Coopers a Weatherspoon's pub. I am a vegan so often finding tasty affordable meals can be difficult. Was taken for a Mothers day lunch by son and was pleasantly surprised , i had the noodle dish which is now vegan, it arrived quickly, it was hot tasty and a large portion. They had a few vegan choices all sounded lovely. I will go back and try other vegan dishes soon. The staff are lovely as well.

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped off here for quick breakfast before a flight from Luton airport.

1. Good value
2. Clean
3. Quick service
4. Well cooked and tasty foo

I like it here and mid week breakfast is never too busy to relax and enjoy. Thanks you for another good visit and service.

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I visited the Gary Cooper for Sunday lunch and where not impressed with the whole experience in the Gary cooper the tables where dirty, we ordered food and when it arrived it was cold, we have eaten here a few times but this was by far the worst and we will not be going but ! Very disappointed

ManagerGC, Manager at The Gary Cooper, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2018

Hi Pete,

Thank you for your feedback. First of all let me apologise for your poor experience. We will retrain our staff to ensure incidents like this do not occur in future.

Reviewed 30 January 2018

I visited this establishment last week with my sister and I was really happy to be given a giant blue gluten free menu and I could have the breakfast minus the toast as well. Such a great idea for free refills as well as it came with a drink in the reasonable price . Definitely going to visit again as they also had a choice of meals and desserts. A very friendly place with happy smiling waitresses.

Thanks for your feedback