3,403 results
All reviewslobby baranimal exhibitsthatched roofplaya del carmengolf cartjungle atmospherenight lifesushibeach cluball inclusive packagepeace and quietlounge chairsa la cartejacuzzi tubrelaxing vacationtravel agentbeach area
Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

I visited the Bel Air in February 2017 and my family and I had a fantastic time! The resort itself was awesome, very authentic design on a beautiful rainforest property. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. They are so quick to bring you what you need (for example we needed an extra bed and it took no more than 10 minutes before we had a knock on the door with a bed). The staff are so hard working and you can tell they really care and take pride in their work.
The food was EXCELLENT! The restaurant is beside the pool and near the ocean. They always have a wide variety of food at very high quality. Every meal they offer either buffet or a la carte (from the menu). There is always a chef at the grill who makes excellent chicken and fish (I never tried the beef but I'm sure it is also wonderful). The a la carte food is unreal. I can't speak more highly of it. They offer a wide selection of appetizers, entrees, and desserts. The beer chicken risotto is phenomenal, and so is the achiote shrimp.
I would like to thank Arechiga, the food and beverage manager for his excellent work. I was thrilled with everything.
Thank you Bel Air!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2017

Very nice place to stay. Not a large place which made it very nice for us. Everyone was super friendly. Low key and very relaxing. Food service was slow at times, mainly because we alway had to sign the food ticket, which was a little different but wasn't a big deal.

Would definitely return.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 February 2017

Overall we had a good stay. My children absolutely loved this resort, the pool, childrens pool, kayaking and looking for couti's and raccoons. My husband and I also had fun. Sometimes we noted that the service staff seemed overwhelmed and could perhaps use some extra help to speed up service.

Reviewed 24 February 2017

The hotel staff were as good as you could have asked for, always willing to try to accommodate our requests and needs. The room had some inconsistencies with musty smell that was addressed, an on again off again overhead fan, and a faulty safe that was replaced when brought to their attention.
The pool area as very spacious, and it didn't feel like people were on top of each other.
I missed having a sandy beachfront; it was sometimes a long wait to be shuttled to the offsite beach.
We enjoyed the space of the resort and the chance to do a fair amount of exercise, but we definitely missed having onsite ocean beachfront along with to walk.

Reviewed 23 February 2017

The staff is awesome, the food is good and the hotel is really clean.
Everyone were adorable!
The park is just awesome with all the wild animals (the cages are clearly not a good idea).
All were excellent but I would not come back because the hotel didn't accept us for our first night after 15hours of plane due to commercial purpose... it really affected us and we had to leave for another hotel. We guess this hotel do over booking and this commercial issue is not acceptable.