“Welcoming dive shop in quiet Mahahual”
Review of Buceando Mahahual

Buceando Mahahual
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Scuba diving, snorkel, Banco Chinchorro tours, Lionfish hunting, PADI Scuba diving courses. A whole world of fun just for you while visiting Mahahual. Fall in love with deep sea, the most important is to share it with good friends.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 7 October 2017

A family-run shop owned by a Spanish couple, Buceando Mahahual is a pleasure to dive with and to get a myriad of information about where to stay, eat and have fun in Cozumel.

Thank you Moises, Monica, Lucio and Carlos's father for a good scuba time!

Paulo

in 6 reviews
"life"
"cruise"

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Buceando Mahahual is THE place to learn diving in Mexico. You will be immediately part of a family which shares its knowledge and enthusiasm about diving and which helps you in overcoming your hesitations. Special thanks to Ricardo, our amazing instruct who has made us fall in love with diving whilst feeling safe and conscious about what we were doing. Thanks Moises for having created this wonderful place - we will be back in the future for sure!!!

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

So my wife and I took my 18 year old daughter and a friend of hers on a 7 day cruise. And both the girls had never scuba dive before. So that's all they talked about and that's all they really requested to do on this trip was to dive in Mexico. The cruise ship offered diving as a shore excision through a different dive shop and for the fear of to many people signing up, I chose to go Solo and started searching. I emailed several different dive shops with no responce so imagine my surprise when Goerge emailed me back within a few hours answering my questions. Now since he wasn't affiliated with the cruise, I was sceptical of getting to and from the doc but he gave me specific directions on what cab company to talk to and the timing it would take and assured me we would be back in time to get back to the ship.
For two months we emailed back and forth and my main concern was for my daughter's safety. Me and my wife have dove many times so was not concerend about us but my girls, well to say the least, the Daddy came out in me and was worried they wouldn't be able to do the dive. He said we would be the only group on this dive so he could spend more time and give more attention to the two girls. We got a cab, told the driver who sent us and that's all it took. Off we went and within 10 minutes he drops us off right at the front door. George was standing in the door waiting on us, greeted us with great enthusiasm and started looking each of us over really good. I realize now he was looking at body size, face shape, and other features to custom fit our gear to us. He gave special treatment to my girls and fitted them with the gear. We walked out to the beach, went through our 30 min class room training and then suited up, waded in about chest deep and started the testing. All went well until we had to clear our mask and my daughter freaked out. George softly spoke to her in a very calming voice and the two girls passed. Now for the dive, we boarded a small boat and went to the reef and over we went. Another instructor accompanied us along with George and he went to the bottom and waited. Me and my wife was next and then I looked up only to see the girls having issues. Again, the dad in me kicked in and I wanted to surface to help them but Ricardo motioned for me to stay and watch. George litely touched the girls arms, got mask to mask with them and before you know it, I'm eye to eye with my daughter and her friend at the bottom of the ocean. Their expression was amazing. Both smiling that they made it and amazed at the same time with the experience of being underwater.
As George lead us around the reef, pointing out sea life to the girls, Recardo stayed behind to make sure all was going well. Amazing how they both feared to dive but once George and Recardo worked one on one with them, they looked like little mermaids gliding around this underwater wonder.
The dive went what seemed like an hour. I've dove in many different countries and by far enjoyed this dive more than any other. I've never wrote a review before but felt others should know if they want to introduce young or old family members to scuba, save your time and money, book a trip to Buceando Malahual for the experience of a life time. I told customer service on the cruise ship they need to include Buceando Malahual as one of their shore excursions. They took the info and said they would look into adding. Don't waist your time with the cruise offered dive, too many people, no one on one attention, and your simply a payday for the dice shop. Buceando Malahual took us in as a family, kept it simple, and gave the two new divers so much special attention that I tipped him an additional $80. On the way back to the ship, both girls said they didn't think they were going to be able to do the dive but because of George and Recardo, they trusted them when they said let go and enjoy.
When we finished, I asked for recommendation for a places to eat and George escorted us down the street, spoke Spanish to the man in the canteena and the man lead us out by the beach and served us one of the best meals we had on the trip.
For a farm boy from Kentucky, this dive shop well exceeded my expectations but more importantly introduced two young ladies that are now hooked on diving. They wanted to go again in Cozumel but time wouldn't allow it.
Thank you Buceando Malahual and your team of professionals for making this vacation one my girls will never forget. We're coming back in October.

1  Thank Michael E
Reviewed 11 July 2017

First ever scuba dive thanks to the legend scuba instructor Ricardo H. Bueno #390107
Caribbean water was stunningly clear , I love Mexico :)