All reviews beach club lobster minute massage the owner room bungalow pork belly green juice drinks were plentiful chairs and umbrellas guacamole meso american french press coffee outdoor bar limited number from texas well worth the effort food was amazing
Reviewed 11 August 2018

Our party of nine spent an awesome day with Evan and his wonderful staff at the Nacional Beach Club. The service was over the top. We caught two cabs from the pier and as soon as we arrived, Evan and his staff greeted us and paid for the taxis. We were instantly made to feel at home. Evan offered to make breakfast to order - omelets, smoothies, etc. We were shown to the beach, where another staff member arranged chairs and umbrellas to our liking. Staff consistently checked on us taking orders for drinks, fresh cut fruit and even sugar cane. Lunch was amazing - everyone had lobster - I would strongly recommend the grilled lobster. After lunch we hung out at the swing bar, where Evan personally made fresh fruit drinks - my favorite was the dragon fruit margaritas. Also included was a relaxing 20 minute massage for everyone in our party. We could have easily have spent several more hours there. Evan has several bungalows that he rents and I assume he treats his overnight guests as well as his day guests. The only drawback was the beach itself. There was a lot of grass/seaweed that made it less inviting than some of the other stops we made on the cruise.

The bottom line is if you want an excursion to spend time in the ocean, this is probably not for you. However, if you want to spend an afternoon of being pampered and attended to with excellent food, drink, service, and a personal massage - this is well worth the expense. We will be cruising to Costa Maya again next summer and I fully plan on spending another awesome day with Evan and his crew!!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank carlosdoc2
Reviewed 8 August 2018

My family of 5 will forever covet our experience at Nacional Beach Club. We booked a room for a week and wish we could have stayed longer. We had an ocean view room steps from the pool overlooking the beach. The staff treated us like family and always made themselves available for anything we needed. Our days were incredibly relaxing catching the breeze, sipping cocktails, listening to good music, and enjoying a vast array of menu options ranging from tasty breakfast tacos to lobster, steak, and fresh fish brought in daily. (I'm from Texas and Nacional Beach Club Steaks, Ribs and Bacon blew me away!)
Our goal of finding a relaxing hideaway was met at this property and our expectations were superceded by the resources that were made available to us.
While chilling on the property the staff always made sure to educate and inform us of the vast amount of unique opportunities to take part in: Excursions ranging from diving, fishing, and exploring cenotes in the area.
Even if I had a chance to spend one day while traveling through the cruise port I'd be sure to come for the Beach Club's VIP EXPERIENCE.
Nacional Beach Club is my new destination for escaping everyday life and spending quality time with my family!

Room Tip: I didn't notice a bad room on the property.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank lmstokes13
Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

We had a great breakfast at Nacional Beach Club, recommended several locals! Menus are available in English and Spanish, our meals were well prepared, and the staff exceptionally attentive and friendly!! The tall thatched roof and ocean breezes kept us comfortable during our long and relaxing brunch. Prices are moderate.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank jimattheozarks
Reviewed 11 July 2018

This is a quaint beach bungalow that we really enjoyed. The owner is onsite and very personable. I highly recommend this place. We traveled here by taxi from the cruise boat port. The food was freshly prepared in front us.

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank rc8878
Reviewed 19 June 2018

We had a group of approximately 15 people, and some of us booked a day at Nacional Beach Club on the evening before we arrived in Costa Maya, while some booked on the morning of our cruise ship arrival. We were a little skeptical when we walked up to the place, but our apprehension melted away as soon as we sat down for breakfast. The food was wonderful! Most of us had huevos rancheros or chilequillas, which were excellent. We asked for mimosas, and to our delight, the juice was freshly squeezed orange or mango juice, which was awesome and fresh. We spent the day in the water and on the beach, which was well-kept and raked that morning. It was also very quiet and private. The service was excellent, the food was excellent, and our drinks were plentiful and very good. The lobster lunch most of us had was excellent, and we had all the top shelf tequila and drinks we could ask for. Well worth the money spent, and next time we are on a ship that stops in Costa Maya, I have no doubt whatsoever that we will return to Nacional Beach Club for a beach day.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends