Review Highlights
Helpful and fun

Our car broke down and this cabbie made sure we found the right mechanic and stayed with us until... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Karen R
Xcalak, Mexico
Quick pick up

We took cab from port to beach restaurant. Driver was friendly. When we were ready to return the... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Connie B
Shreveport, Louisiana

Recommended experiences in and around Mahahual
from USD 96.99
from USD 96.99
from USD 61.99
More Info
All reviews mahahual beach cruise pier costa maya minute ride port area cabs shuttle tourists ship transportation
Reviewed 19 January 2018

Arrived here via the cruise ship Carnival Magic on January 11, 2018. This service was our way back to port at our leisure after our beach adventure. The cab was clean, the driver spoke no english but was pleasant and didn't drive crazy.

Date of experience: January 2018
1  Thank the_hiking_viking
Reviewed 14 January 2018

These yellow cabs are located just one block outside the Costa Maya cruise port. The port authority (which I believe is owned by the cruise companies) will not allow them to pick up tourists inside the port, only drop off. They want you to take their more expensive shuttles!

Just exit the port by navigating the maze to the well-hidden exit. Walk out the security gate, and down the street one block to the corner were MANY cabs await. They will take you into town for only $2.00 per person. The drivers spoke pretty good English, and were very polite.

I recommend them for your travel to the Mahahual beach area while in Costa Maya!

Date of experience: January 2018
1  Thank stevesandyc2014
Reviewed 24 December 2017

we took a taxi to mahahual and 2$ per person is really cheap. good service, a bit hard to find one on our way back.

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed 20 November 2017

My friends and I always step outside the port area and catch a yellow cab over to the beach in Mahahual - takes about 5-10 minutes and only cost $2US/pp plus tips.

Date of experience: November 2017
1  Thank Donna077GA
Reviewed 30 October 2017

I cruised to Costa Maya. While there I went scuba diving with Doctor Dive. Their shop is a long way from the cruise pier. So I utilized Costa Maya Yellow cab. Their drivers are friendly and their cabs are well maintained and clean. And their prices are extremely reasonable.

Date of experience: October 2017