Free cancellation until 25/07
USD 277
  • Breakfast included
USD 340
  • Pool
Las Villas Akumal(Akumal)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 20/07
  • Breakfast included
USD 310
Bookit.com
  • Pool
Villas DeRosa Beach Resort(Akumal)(Great Value!)
USD 91
Orbitz.com
USD 405
15,757 results
All reviewslazy rivermayan beachice cream parlourhealth barel ranchohole in the walla la carte restaurantsfishfrosted glassthe lion kingtime sharewater circuitbeach barquiet pooljapanese restaurantmain buffeteach block
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Am still here at the resort and am finding the customer service so bad that I couldn’t wait until I got home to write my review. As we have 2 teenage children we were made to have 2 rooms when we booked through Tui, not really a problem but did request connecting rooms, requested this with Tui and emailed the hotel a month before holiday, no reply from hotel. When checking in (27th March) was told no rooms next to each other and reception were very rude when I asked to move rooms. Finally agreed that they would contact me if connecting rooms became available, which they never did, despite others in our party (30+people) getting connecting room which they never asked for and checked in after us. Decided to ask the Tui rep if they could help, they told us that the room next to us was becoming vacate today and that they would arrange for a transfer this morning, confirmed this again with Tui yesterday. Well this morning reception had no knowledge of this and had promised the room to someone else yesterday, despite me asking for it when we checked and then twice since. The receptionist was extremely rude saying it was my fault I hadn’t been added to the list to change rooms and told me to ‘shut up’. Today is my husbands birthday and let’s face it this is not a cheap holiday, and it has now been ruined by rude and incompetent staff. Have also had issues with the concierge when trying to book a group meal, all agreed and confirm however restaurant had no knowledge of it, and when we complained to the restaurant host was again told that it was our fault. Very disappponted and upset with the hotel staff attitude and Tui reps they have turned what should have been a lovely holiday (and birthday for my husband) into a very stressful and unhappy time. I understand that somethings can’t be done, but then don’t confirm it and then not follow through, no communication between staff . On a plus side the resort is beautiful and there is a lot to do in Riviera Maya, but next time I will be going back to the Valentine which was out of this world.

15  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Grandrivieramaya, Assistant Manager at Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Hello,

We appreciate you took the time to share your experience at Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya.

We are pleased to know that you are enjoying our facilities and the services we have to offer you, and that you find our Resort beautiful.

We really wish your husband had a great birthday.

Regarding your incidents, I already send your comments to our involved managers in order to take the proper measures and avoid this kind of incident. Please accept my most sincere apologies for the way we made you feel.

We hope that despite of those situations you afford us the opportunity to serve you again and demonstrate you how wonderful a stay in our Resort can truly be.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Definitely not a 5 star property if you look deeply, but it is what it is!

The entertainment team on the other hand, amazing... Alan!! What can I say about this guy..? Always getting people up and involved, no one is left behind!! Would definitely return based largely on him and his team.

Room Tip: A room in the '27' range is a 5-10 minute walk from the main buffet restaurant but is a lovely location, nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Dave A

Hello Dave A,

Thank you for having chosen the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya for your recent vacation.

We are very happy to know that you enjoyed our facilities and the service that was provided to you by our staff members, especially Alan from the Entertainment team.

We would be more than happy to welcome you back in our resort.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed for a week in April 2018.
I'll start with the bad points:
Im not sure if it was extra busy because of it being over Easter, but the hotel seemed jam packed. It is huge! Biggest hotel I've ever been to but you still couldn't get a sun bed past 7:30am. One morning as I was walking to find one, a woman actually hurdled over the sunbed to get past me to throw her towels down before I could get there. Ridiculous. Usually though you could find a sunbed on the beach.
The rooms could do with a bit of an upgrade. They are a great size and nice comfortable bed, but very tired looking and old.
The food!!
This was the biggest downfall for us and the main reason I have to only give 3*s. The buffet restaurant is very hit and miss. I think because they have so many guests to feed it's more about quantity than quality. You can always find something but I didn't enjoy the food like I normally would on holiday. Also after visiting the Thai restaurant I got really sick the next day, and after the Mediterranean restaurant my mum was very sick. So we missed a good 2 days of our 7 night holiday which is totally unacceptable. After this we completely lost confidence in the food, and stuck to just bread and chips for the remainder of the holiday as we thought it would do the least damage.
Now the good points:
Kids club! My daughter loved the kids club and wanted to go every day. They have their own pool to play in, they went to the dolphin show, did lots of crafts, played games on the beach, went to the lazy river and lots more. Kids club staff Aline, Karina and Erika do a great job of taking care of the kids and work really hard.
The staff are all really nice and friendly, and we felt we had great service from everyone. We didn't notice a divide between the regular guests and members that other reviews have mentioned.
The entertainment. The hotel put on some great shows. The lion king was our favourite (our daughter took part with the kids club) and the Michael Jackson show was great!
We did enjoy our holiday, but unfortunately the food and being sick makes it very unlikely we would ever return or recommend the hotel to anyone else. Maybe at a quieter time it would be better.

6  Thank LinziG84

Hello LinziG84,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write your impressions about the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya.

We are glad that you liked the facilities, the host activities, the night shows and the amability of the staff members, especially Aline, Karina and Erika from the Kids Club department.

We have taken all your comments in consideration in order to improve the service in the future, especially the maintenance in the room and the quality of food.

We hope you afford us the opportunity to serve you again at Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

This was an excellent family vacation! We traveled with a group of 12, 5 adults and 7 children ranging from 7-12. There a lot of great things about this resort and few things I’d Iike to see improved. Always room for improvement so I don’t view them as deal breakers.

I’ll start with the things I’d like to see improved:
Wifi, now I’m all about technology vacations but it’s very difficult to get a signal anywhere on this resort if you’re not outside.
Kids club, our kids did not want to return. The caregivers did an excellent job however the kids club amenities are geared for younger folks, perhaps a middle of the road area might be a good idea.

I’d like to see towel animals everyday. I know that sounds snoot city but we left money everyday and the kids liked them. It’s the little things.

Other than that I have nothing but good things to say...
The grounds are being improved in many areas but overall are beautiful and full of many adorable visitors( Monkeys, iguanas, turtles, serakes)! There are two large pools and a quiet pool. We stayed at the one closest to the 1800 building near the steak house, fun place. The cabanas were enjoyable but showed some wear and tear. Great service though and friendly staff.
The lazy river was a favorite spot for our group and well cared for!

The beach wasn’t my favorite because of the seaweed but it’s a natural occurrence that they try to keep up on.
The buffet food was ok, most days we all found something to enjoy understanding that things didn’t taste the same when you are in a different country. We ate at the steak house, the Brazilian and the Japanese. The Japanese was definitely our favorite. Omar our hibachi cook was excellent!! I can’t remember our waiters name there but he was super helpful with the kids requests. We also had a fun waiter at the Brazilian that brought us surprise shots when we dined sans little people. Breakfasts were fantastic in the buffet and the beach club!

The show for Michael Jackson was fantastic! Glad we took the time to watch. We didn’t see any other complete shows, too tired from our fun days.

The new beach club for SPTC is TOP NOTCH! Climente makes some excellent beverages and makes sure you always have a drink! Breakfast and lunch here was excellent!

Now for the best part...our concierge. Miguel made this trip excellent and should be recognized by his superiors. He made recommendations for our excursion to Xel-Ha and it was an experience of a lifetime our kids thoroughly enjoyed. So grateful for his guidance. He also set us for massages which were the best we’ve had and I get a lot of massages in the states. Great job to the spa staff! Miguel arranged all of our dinners for us and made sure we had everything arranged with Apple to get back home and to our excursions. He also took us on our guided tour to join the premium travelers club. I’m anti time share but we are now proud members. He took care of all seven kids while we got the details down and took them for ice cream (which was also excellent here). He provided my husband with many tequila recommendations (which at times I was about but know he was trying to make our experience the most it could be). I know all of these things are part of his job but he did it with such genuine expression and made a friend in us. We were very sad to not be able to say good bye to him in person. Jorge was also very helpful in Miguel’s absence but Miguel is a standout.
The check in process and check out was very easy and everyone makes a point to make sure your stay is going well. We received several calls asking if things were well.
We had an upgraded room in the junior superiors suite and it was beautiful.
We are planning our trip back in the fall with just adults and all in all have been very happy with our visit. The people at Grand Sirenis make it what it is. We can’t wait to see you all again! ♥️☀️

8  Thank stackdds

Hello stackdds,

We are pleasent you liked our grounds, the wildlife, pools, the beach, food, the Spa, the beach club, the accommodations and the staff kindness, especially Omar the cooker, Clemente from the F&B department, Miguel and Jorge from the Concierge department.

Looking forward to host you again in the near future!

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

This was our first vacation in Mexico and we loved it!!! I did not take any medication for “Montezuma’s Revenge” - did not have any issues. The food was fantastic and they have a great variety. The drinks were great and we didn’t even have to ask for refills. We did tip the staff for the first few days, so I don’t know if that’s what prompted the great service .... whatever, it worked!!! Would highly recommend this to anyone who is looking for a relaxing family vacation.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
7  Thank Spiderdaddy70

Hello Spiderdaddy70,

Thank you very much for your review about the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya.

We are glad you liked the variety of food and beverages, the facilities and the staff kindness.

Thank you for recommending Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya.

We really hope to host you once again.