Open today: 6:00 am - 6:00 pm
Review Highlights
Great day of golf

Wonderful facility, great staff. The course is challenging and very picturesque. The main 18 hole... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Thenick66
Victoria, Canada
Hard course.

Played here 5 times in two weeks. Lovely course, lots of water and you will lose lots of balls... read more

Reviewed 16 January 2019
craigbKentUk
Gillingham, United Kingdom
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Akumal
from USD 139.00
from USD 169.00
from USD 68.99
from USD 89.00
More Info
All reviews robert trent jones pro shop green fees golf balls lots of water fairways and greens great golf course driving range range balls hole par bring plenty of balls chipping area blue tees tee boxes sand traps all inclusive resort riviera maya
Reviewed 4 January 2018

We golfed the 18 hole course twice while we were there.
The course is well groomed and truly leverages the natural beauty of the landscape. Including a hole that has a cenote at the base of the green!.
The clubhouse bar/restaurant is NOT part of the all inclusive resort, so if you are staying on the resort you will want to book your tee times accordingly so that you do not have to incur additional expenses.
The cost of green fees is moderately high compared to Canadian standards, the 50% discounted rate was $320 for two of us to golf 1 round. As a result, the golf course was NOT busy.

1  Thank Janice S
Reviewed 28 December 2017

Played both the 18 hole and the 9 hole. Staying at the TAO condo's. The championship course is in really good condition. Both courses are really beautiful. We will be playing multiple times while here on vacation. You can get a 7 day pass or a 5 round, 3 round punch card. After 1:30 is about the same price as each of the "5 round" rate. Very reasonable if you are on the Bahia property or the TAO residences.

Cart & cold beverages included. The staff get you all set up and offer iced towels at the end, clean up your clubs, even offer to store them if you are playing again.

The 9 hole is short but tough, anything long and you are off the green and in the jungle, most holes if you are short you are in the water. It runs close to the highway so you do hear the noise from that.

Even though it's prime time, the courses aren't busy. I didn't see anyone else while we played. My husband and son had the cart and I walked and carried my bag. It's a good hike but very peaceful. Lots of Iguana, Coati, Fox and Sereque on the course as well.

The practice facility is good. A chipping area, driving range and a putting green.

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

Played four games in 5 days. Quality and standard of this championship course is true to its brand. Service was outstanding (water bottled delivered on course and cold towels at 9th hole). Would definitely recommend and come back myself.

1  Thank johannef523
Reviewed 17 December 2017

Three of us just had to take time to play a game . We played the 9 hole par 3 which is only 1265 yards and enjoyed the waterways , sand traps , jungle setting and the wildlife . Rentals clubs and carts were decent and a nice clubhouse . They also supplied to and from pick up from our resort the Grand Bahia Principe Tulum . I would play there again but if we had more time we would hit the 18 hole course of 5000 to 7000 yards .

1  Thank Y8162UHrons
Reviewed 4 December 2017

Played this course while staying at the Luxury Bahia Principe Akumal Resort, of which the course is a part of. This is one of the best Resort/Caribbean courses I have played...Multiple tee decks, from just short of 7,000 yds. down to 5,500 (+/-), brings almost all levels of golfers into play. I say almost, because there were a couple of holes where, if you can't elevate the ball over water, you're gonna be using a calculator to tally your score!!! Rates were pretty good, course was in EXELLENT shape, visually pleasing and a good test of your game...All in all, highly recommend this course. Great staff service, they picked me up at the front door of my hotel villa and would NOT let me touch my clubs until they got us to the first tee. Had a couple of drinks with the course manager afterwards to get an insight as to the workings of the club and it's operations...Very interesting

Date of experience: April 2017