Open today: 6:00 am - 6:00 pm

Stunning Golf course

mikelaketahoe
Cheshire
via mobile

All reviews green fees robert trent jones pro shop fairways and greens great golf course driving range range balls hole par bring plenty of balls signature hole chipping area fantastic condition blue tees natural landscape tee box sand traps all inclusive resort
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

The GPS in the carts were only working part time. The greens were very very slow, we played three days in a row at 11:00am but did not see a single lawn mower.

Reviewed yesterday

First of all, the bad: The service was average (at best) at this course. When playing at Mexico luxury courses (which I've played at many), I'm used to guys meeting you, getting your bags, etc .... a proper greeting and proper service. None of that here. Just a couple guys who seemed indifferent. And the food carts were basically just a couple of ladies with a cooler ... they were not properly stocked with food and drinks. And the food in the clubhouse (particularly the breakfast) was average at best. The GPS's on the carts worked sporadically.

The good: The course is beautiful

The ugly: The course is tight. This 12 handicapper lost about 8 balls, which is about 6 more than I normally lose. I don't mind a tight course, but the slope (121) does not reflect it's difficulty

Net-net, the course is great and the service is poor ... and the staff seem more interested in selling you condos than in providing a great experience.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Well maintained championship course you have to think your way around,staff very friendly and helpful,a must if you are a golfer you will enjoy.

1  Thank Lynn L
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I played five rounds here over two weeks and enjoyed every minute. The course is immaculately kept and in stunning condition. Keep your balls on the fairway though or you’ll be in the jungle. Take your ball retriever with young you have one and if you can see your ball use it, don’t go in the jungle as there are al sorts of nasties in there. The price varies depending on rounds played etc it worked out at$80 for me which is half price for hotel guests. Don’t be fooled into thinking you are going to get free green fees (see my review of hotel)
The staff at the golf club were fantastic and very friendly and helpful and there is a good free shuttle to the golf course from the Grand Bahía. One thing I think they should do if you are all inclusive you should be able to eat and drink at the course, it would be a nice way to finish the round off.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband played the 18 hole course twice at a cost of $80 per round including buggie, he then booked another round and told the club house that I would be going along as company but not playing. He was then told that he would need to pay an extra $25 for me to sit on the buggie. There is no mention of this on any notices giving the green fees. My husband said he would not pay this and they accepted the original fee. We were on the first green when a member of staff arrived to say that a manager said that when we returned to the club house he would have to pay the extra $25, so we returned to the club house and asked to speak to the manager but he refused to come and speak to us. We told a member of staff to tell the manager that the company had just lost the $80 that we had refunded and also another 5 rounds at $80 that we had planned for the sake of $25.

Reviewed 27 September 2018

I played there 3 times over 11 days with my wife. $80 per person including buggies. twice I played off the Blue Tees (equivalent to the Whites back in the UK) and off a H\Cap of 10, the best I got was 33 points. Tough! 1 day I played off the Whites (equivalent to our Yellows in UK) and got 36 points.

Some tough holes, some good strategic water and bunkers, but also a fair test of golf. The grass used meant greens were quite slow and took about 2 rounds to really get used to.
I did look forward to playing the course and it did not disappoint.
Not busy at all when we were there.

1  Thank AndyBee
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

It is very challenging if you are an average golfer should be fun playing and trying to stay out of the jungle

Reviewed 16 July 2018

Beautiful course in the middle of the Mayan jungle. Tough course with lots of wildlife and amazing photo-ops.

1  Thank Nattysimps
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

What an awesome golf course this is. So many offers my features and water! Up there with the best I have ever played. I play of. Handicap of 3 and it gave me a super test off the back back tees. Staff super helpful with the hiring of equipment and buggies and overall my experience was awesome

3  Thank Kieran L
Reviewed 30 April 2018

This was a beautiful golf course! Well maintained and the staff were great! It was pricey, but well worth the money as we have never golfed on a course like this. I would recommend booking early tee times as it was very hot by 10:00am when we went out. Overall an awesome experience!

1  Thank Angie M