2,066 results
All reviews local host quiet pool room service spa appointments swim up room signature massage in room dining dinner reservations pool food the mexican restaurant ocean front mayan coffee all inclusive resort filet pool waiter poolside service pool side
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This was the best vacation we have ever been on- collectively! The staff is so welcoming & friendly, funny & personable. We stayed March 26th- April 2nd & it wasn't long enough for us! Our Check-In upon arrival was the quickest and most convenient I've ever experienced! The welcome drink is so refreshing & revitalizing (non-alcoholic, but you can later order with alcohol, which I highly recommend for an afternoon pick-me-up)! The rooms were outstanding, which almost made it depressing to come back to our respective homes. Haha!

The food- don't go here if you're not interested in eating like Kings & Queens every single day of your trip. AMAZING. How is it that the steak there is better than the majority of steaks I've been served in CANADA (Beef country?!!)?! The presentation & preparation is the best I've ever had. The sushi bar is, as well- the best I've ever had. Fish so fresh, ingredients so fresh, and the chef was so precise & quick. My partner- who back homes will not eat sushi....inhaled it. Drinks are top notch as well! I've never traveled down south & been able to have real Baileys in my coffee!

The resort is so well laid out & beautiful. It's smaller, yet big. We loved that. It didn't seem overwhelming with people at all. They had something running every day in the main pool, but it was never too over the top, too long, or too loud. It was just perfect. Lively & entertaining.

Hands down would return to this resort. Kudos to you Unico 2087- you made it an experience we'll never forget.

Room tip: All rooms have an ocean view!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Fernando_Garcia2087, Director General at UNICO 20 87 Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Greetings Megan K,

Thank you so much for your positive review. We appreciate much not only for sharing your experience, but for encouraging us to keep up with the service that you received. It certainly portrays the way we treat our valued guests and I am proud to learn that between the attentive staff, clean facilities, food and beverage offer you had a great time.

We hope to see you back very soon!

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We just returned from Unico and we miss it already - even the scent in the lobby is missed. Can someone send it to me? Friendly, attentive staff, impeccably kept grounds and not a bad meal or drink. So much variety! Every pool, restaurant and bar had a unique menu and experience. We were also pleased with the Signature tour we went on. Hilda, our guide on the Curated Tulum tour, was a wonderful host and so knowledgeable about the area and Mayan culture.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ray-zeee
Fernando_Garcia2087, Director General at UNICO 20 87 Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Greetings Ray-zeee,

Thank you so much for this wonderful review. I appreciated the detail invested within, and all your kind words describing not only the property but also our food and beverage offer and the staff that works very hard day after day with the goal of providing wonderful experiences to our incoming guests.

I will sure pass on your comments to our team who will be very encouraged.

Hope to see you back very soon!

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Friendly staff. Room comfortable in every way. Amenities were top notch. Food preparation and presentation excellent. Always food and drink available. Pools delightful. Resort is well planned and well designed. Spa is excellent. Would go back.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Exptrav567

Dear Exptrav567,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Your comments are much appreciated. It is inspiring to see that our efforts are appreciated as we are working tirelessly to exceed your expectations with the service that sets us apart.

It has been a pleasure having you with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Just got back from Unico, traveling March 25 to April 1 2018. I've been to Barcelo Palace Maya, Riu Palace Las Americas, Hard Rock Cancun, Secrets Saint James as top level resorts, and a dozen other mid range resorts over the last few years. I thought Hard Rock Cancun was the best, but Unico tops them in almost every way. Excellent customer service, attentive staff (Norma at the pool was a delight), and a great local host (Gabi went out of her way to find us by the pool each day to check in).

Don't believe the complainers, they wouldn't be happy with anything! If it's in your budget, book this resort now!

The pizza & taco shack is amazing, Memo has excellent English and the head chef there, I don't know his name, but is always talking into the microphone, is the hardest working person I've ever encountered.

Go to the quiet pool and try the chicken fingers as well as the burritos! They were phenomenal!

Cafe Inez is really cool, with the frape and hot drinks, as well as the cool treats that change throughout the day. The avacado toast was amazing!

Got one of the best haircuts I have ever had at the salon for $11 USD, and the spa was amazing, with the hydrotherapy a highlight. We didn't go on any excursions as we couldn't part with the great food and delicious drinks.

The only feedback I can give is on the reservations. The sister properties, Hard Rocks, don't take reservations for anything except Hibachi. I highly recommend management make a change to follow suit. The great service and total relaxation that this resort aims to meet is missed out on those of us who are not interested in deciding on day 1 where we want to eat on day 5. Make all seats walk up, and train the staff at the desks to not say no right away when full, but to be as accommodating as possible. Not everyone is sitting for a 2 hour dinner, and turning away someone at 6pm because you have 7pm reservations changes the entire vibe of the resort. Eliminate the need for reservations and speed up service at the restaurants and this resort would be absolutely perfect. I think also ensuring there is a dinner buffett each night, like the Dinner In Blue, which was amazing, would be an extra bonus, as we left our dinners sometimes hungry and having to order room service which just meant that we stayed in for the rest of the night.

Room tip: All rooms are excellent! Swim up was interesting, but not well used.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Michael K

Dear Michael K

Thank you very much for sharing your latest experience at UNICO 20°87°. It is inspiring to see that we have exceeded your expectations and furthermore that we have reached to your satisfaction.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks.

Also, we are greatly appreciative of your insights regarding dinner reservations and will be sure to use them to help us grow.

We would love to have you back soon and make another great memorable experience together.

Fernando Garcia

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Let me start by stating that we are not "all-inclusive" people. I tend to view all-inclusive as unimaginative as you can get for a travel experience. However, we were looking for a short Easter getaway with our 20-something daughters and one boyfriend and Unico was recommended as being a perfect all inclusive for those who hate all inclusives! Staffing is exceptional; we were greeted by any staff we encountered with a smile and a hola!. Any special request (we were seeking three rooms next to each other) was accommodated. The food was plentiful, fresh, with an excellent selection for every pallet. We ordered bottles of wine each night (additional charge) and the selection of North American and European varietals was excellent.

The spa was a treat and the gym has every machine you'd expect (including a spin studio). Rooms are large and well appointed and the cleaning team were superb. We spent time both at the pool and the beach. We appreciated that the loud party music was restricted to a single area at the resort and easy to avoid if you preferred quiet and peace.

As a family we had an observation which has lead us to offer a suggestion to the Unico team, which naturally could be adopted by all resorts; The staff are extremely forthcoming with bottles of water, which of course is appreciated in the heat of Mexico. But at dinner on our last night, we estimated that our family must have consumed close to 250 bottles of water over our five days (10 per day X 5 people X 5 days). We did some simple math taking our consumption and multiplying it by the number of rooms in the resort and felt rather disgusted in ourselves for participating in so much plastic waste in such a pristine environment. Unico being very upscale with a client-base that is educated and worldly, we would love to see you partner with a bottle company such as Yeti, Swell or Stanley to create a custom insulated re-fillable bottle that would be tastefully branded and presented at check-in to all of your guests. The bottle would have a wide enough mouth to allow for ice. You could then work with your bottled water partner e-pura to set up water stations throughout the resort. Perhaps instead of an ice bucket with two bottles of water delivered pool side a small cooler with ice water would be delivered to allow your special edition keep-sake bottle to be refilled. We were very happy to have water bottles delivered to us without even asking, and it was only on reflection that we were a bit shocked at how many bottles of water must be consumed every single day by all resorts.

The hotel has a really cool house pen made of paper. We'd love your manufacturer to source a paper straw instead of a plastic straw. If 25,000 people stopped using straws that would be 5,000,000 less straws used.

Unico being such a beautiful hotel in a magnificent area has inspired our family to look at our plastic consumption and what we can do for the planet.

Lastly, it was nice to see so many people get dressed up for dinner. We were very happy with our mini-break at Unico.

5  Thank ThomsonTripToMaui
Fernando_Garcia2087, Gerente at UNICO 20 87 Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Dear ThomsonTripToMaui,

Thank you for taking the time sharing your latest experience at UNICO 20°87°. We are very happy to read that you had a wonderful experience and received the VIP service that you expected and deserve. I appreciate so much your suggestion with the bottles of water and I would like to share with you that we constantly have internal campaigns to recollect empty bottles to recycle them. but anyway I will share your idea with our Environment Department.

Thank you so much for visiting us and for choosing our hotel as your travel destination, we are looking forward to welcome you very soon!

Best Regards.